Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

At 8.00 this morning I was listening (Almost) to the radio. The radio2 Zoe Ball Breakfast Show. The missus is bored with Zoe so had the Chris Evans Virgin Radio show on upstairs. They are mirror images.  The Beeb simply replaced one over caffinated, shouty, breathless presenter with.....exactly the same. Even the same cheering, whooping sycophants in the background.

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Listened to my Sabbath live at Hammersmith in the car. I  in awe that I was there for a gig like that. Sabbath with Vinnie Appice coul kick the butt of any other band and Dio's voice is unmatchable.

I saw Sabs on the Heaven & Hell tour. They were fab.

• Like 2

Ashley McBryde. 

I watched the excellent movie Wild Rose on a recent flight and Ashley has a cameo appearance in the film playing her song Girl Going Nowhere, which knocked me sideways and necessitated me seeking out the album of the same name from which it comes. 

This is as good as modern Country / Americana gets in my opinion. I love Country music but have little appetite for the ‘yee haw’ cliches that blight a lot of it. This album is mercifully free of all that and instead features world class story telling songwriting delivered by a voice soaked in honey and racked with sorrow and regret. Outstanding and so far up my street I’m going to start charging it rent.