Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

29 minutes ago, dave moffat said:

First track sounds a bit ELO ish, nice though

Never really noticed that before but yep i can see that now.

Last song is very Queen-ish too

Of course i was never really a fan of ELO back then but am now.

The singer / Guitarist went on to join ELO in 90's

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

1 minute ago, Frank Blank said:

...and they appear to be playing in London in Feb!

I've never heard of this band before today - that track is simply jaw dropping in its complexity and shape-shifting throughout the song - yet it's also got a massive groove and is absolutely the tightest thing. I've listened to it about 10 times today and I keep discovering more secrets.

Good detective work Frank Blank, I'll check this gig out.

• Like 1

Steve Brodsky and Marissa Nadler have just released two covers from when they did their Droneflowet collaboration earlier this year - Phil Collins Something In The Air Tonight and Extreme's More Than Words.

Really like them, particularly the Phil Collins one

Not listening yet... but I just paid £46(!!!) for the limited Edition Black Sabbath Live at Hammersmith Odeon CD  on eBay.

I was there on Dec 31 1981, the first of the three gigs (also 1,2 Jan 82) combined to make the CD.

The first concert I saw at Hammersmith Odeon, afterwards with my g/f we went to Trafalgar Square and we missed the last tube back to Chessington.

Do have some sympathy for the guy who bidded it up to £45 from 50p... but not a lot 🙂

Just listened to 'Rule The World' by Take That. I have to work out a suitable bass line for an instrumental and also a vocal version for my quartet of sax, trumpet, rhythm & bass.

The original seems very well produced and multi-layered and not much help as our arrangement will be very different obviously. This happens with a lot of tunes we do.

• Like 1

any of you peeps partial to a bit of John Scofield's Uberjam stuff? , very funky jazz-blues-rock - and a bit of kitchen sink . Here's the first track of the third Uberjam Deux platter. 

Guy called Adam Hess laying down some bubbling low end throughout the album and locks in perfectly with top drum work

A couple of weeks ago I had a very fortuitous suggestion from my tablet while surfing youtube at some ungodly hour before work.  I stumbled across a Polish band called Riverside. This will be old news to many, I'm sure. However, I found them to be right up my street... if I had to liken them to other bands, I would say that it's like Tool, Porcupine Tree and Pink Floyd had a baby. That might not all be apparent from one track, but there is a great whole gig to be had if anyone is interested. Suffice it to say, I've ordered their back catalogue for myself....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Top tune 🙂

Hopefully Samsara will be backing up Steel Pulse in Brighton and The Abyssinians, also in Brighton. Not a band I’d like to go on after as they manage to get the coldest audiences in a big fat groove within a few bars. Brilliant band.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

That’s interesting frank, I couldn’t see anything on samsara’s home page, I’d like to see them 🙂

Essentially if a reggae band is headline in Brighton Samsara are invariably backing up, sadly they are f****** hopeless at communicating with their fan base. However I have a South Coast Samsara insider so I’ll give you a heads up if I hear anything Sir.

• Like 1