Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

35 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Richie Kotzen: more guitar chops than most and a voice like Chris Cornell - it's just not fair.

I listened to him years ago when he was starting out, lost interest when he joined Poison, and on discovering Winery Dogs realised once again how good he is!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Richie Kotzen: more guitar chops than most and a voice like Chris Cornell - it's just not fair.

This track is tha shiz but can't help being reminded of the novelty musical duo “Flight of the Conchords" every time the chorus hits in... 

Shaza!! Just listen to those bass licks... + That Dylan got some CHOPS!!!

Massive props to Richie for his finger style....  SWEET!!! Almost tempts one over to the darker side o' six flimsy strings...

• Like 2

I've only ever experienced Devin Townsend in the context of metal and/or space opera.  Here he's teamed up with someone and they've produced some sort of folky, trippy, but somehow haunting thing that I'm not sure I can adequately define... but I like it!

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, odysseus said:

I've only ever experienced Devin Townsend in the context of metal and/or space opera.  Here he's teamed up with someone and they've produced some sort of folky, trippy, but somehow haunting thing that I'm not sure I can adequately define... but I like it!

Devin is one of my musical heroes, 4 of the 6 CDs currently loaded in my car are his 🙂

I recommend Ki and Ghost if you are into his mellower side 👍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, odysseus said:

Found myself really getting into that

13 hours ago, BreadBin said:

Devin is one of my musical heroes, 4 of the 6 CDs currently loaded in my car are his 🙂

I recommend Ki and Ghost if you are into his mellower side 👍

First Devin track I ever heard!!

I was walking into town and heard this song being blasted out of the open window of a house I was passing...

It sounded so huge and raw that I had to know who it was, so I knocked on the door of the house and asked the resident what the amazing track was...

Turns out it was the amazingly aerodynamic, Devin Townsend...

• Like 1

Irish music played slowly and intensely, and with many details. That said, this five minute version is too short. The album's ten minute version has more musical stuff happening.
Melikes.

BTW, the album's called "The Livelong Day" and was released last month.

On 29/11/2019 at 12:56, bartelby said:

Whilst I was in the record shop earlier I picked up a copy of Siouxsie and the Banshees Tinderbox, to replace the one I lost many years ago. So now I'm listening to:

Read about what happened to me (Neil) at a Siouxsie gig in 78 here(scroll down below the ticket - you might need to be logged in to Flickr to see it, not sure) - unforgettable gig:-

Victoria Hall Hanley - Siouxsie and the Banshees

Edited by lemonstar

Just been listening to a local band at the village pub, not so much a band as a bunch who jam together at the Riverside pub in Dumfries, really tight with some excellent musicians among them. One original number which was right up words there, lyrics by the vocalist with music by one of the guitarists there. Planning on dropping into the Riverside next week to get an idea and maybe cut my teeth on some tunes as I like the stuff they play.

• Like 1

I've been listening to all of The Clientele music I have - that's how I tend to listen these days - binging on one band or artist for weeks on end before moving off to another to do the same. One of the things I like this band is the sound of the dark sparse recordings - the way everything is mixed means the guitar and drums leave space at the bottom end of the frequency range so you can hear the bass playing.

Strange Geometry probably edges it as the album I like best.They're British and IMHO rather overlooked.

Edited by lemonstar

I've been listening to Boston's Third Stage.  Tom Sholz is a notorious perfectionist and took 6 years to make it.  I listen in minute detail to the quality of the production.  Not all of the songs are up my street, but those that are really hit the spot.  In it's own way a genuine masterpiece.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bassfinger said:

I've been listening to Boston's Third Stage.  Tom Sholz is a notorious perfectionist and took 6 years to make it.  I listen in minute detail to the quality of the production.  Not all of the songs are up my street, but those that are really hit the spot.  In it's own way a genuine masterpiece.

Used to quite enjoy playing their songs back in the day. Remember going to see them Oct 26th 1979 in Edinburgh and they were ok but the support band were better. Can't remember who they were tho but i'll have the programme somewhere.

The venue didn't help things as it was in what you might say an agricultural market building Ingliston Edinburgh. Bit boomy when they horsed up the volume for Boston. Support probably sounded  better because volume was lower.

Dave

Decided to google it and low and behold i found it first attempt. It was a band called Trickster. This is Boston from that very gig

bostonforsite4.JPG

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, dave moffat said:

First track sounds a bit ELO ish, nice though

Never really noticed that before but yep i can see that now.

Last song is very Queen-ish too

Of course i was never really a fan of ELO back then but am now.

The singer / Guitarist went on to join ELO in 90's

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7