Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

1 hour ago, odysseus said:

Can't say I've heard of him,

1 hour ago, bartelby said:

I was gutted when Rollins ditched Haskett, Cain and Gibbs

Chris was in my 1st band, Dredd and the Badass Weeds but then went and sold out with the Rollins Band 😆

And Melvin was one of my bass heroes - saw him with Arto Lindsey, Defunkt, Sonny Sharrock and Marc Ribot. Met him once while he was having lunch in the BBC canteen, of all places, with Chris and our 'Enry!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Queen - Sheer Heart Attack.

It's one of my favourite albums and makes me think I'm 15 again.

I love that album, I remember arriving late at school over and over because I was doing air guitar to Now I’m here. Killer Queen is one of my favourite tracks of all time.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I love that album, I remember arriving late at school over and over because I was doing air guitar to Now I’m here. Killer Queen is one of my favourite tracks of all time.

I have a top five, I mean, doesn't everyone?  I just fancied it.  It's like comfort eating.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I can remember my friend playing, now I’m here , full blast in his bedroom, with his mum shouting, turn that down, up the stairs 😁

• Like 1

Due to some, ahem, domestic rearrangement, I've got my 'toy' record player in the living room and I'm working though my vinyl. Playing them in order, so totally random (unless I had some sort of plan ~20 years ago) So far:

Help!  - Beatles (mono)

Selling England  by the Pound - Genesis

Elysian Encounter - Baker Gurvitz Army

Live and Heavy - (Classic compilation, various 70s  heavy rock bands)

Flash - Jeff Beck

Sergeant pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band - Beatles  (mono)

Boston - Boston

PXR5 - Hawkwind

The Freewheeling Bob Dylan - Bob something.  (mono)

I'd forgotten how utterly impeccable my musical taste is 🙂

• Like 2

I'm hoping this will be showing what I listened to on my journey to the office this morning (I can see the videos on YouTube, but the embedded versions get blocked by the office web system)

It should be New Model Army's Vengeance and Thunder and Consolation albums

"Home" by the Dixie Chicks. Country as a genre is not my thing but the wife likes it. Have been watching Ken Burns Country Music documentary and the DC came up in conversation. I played the Home album today and I have to say its great. Not your Stetson wearing yee ha type of stuff just great songs, great harmonies and some superb musicianship. In particular "Travelin Soldier" got to me, so I played it again while reading the lyrics.  I'm not ashamed to say I shed a few tears. The power of the lyrics and the vocal performance put it up there for me as a playlist favorite.

I picked up the Essential Jazz Classics CD release of Sinatra's "Songs For Swingin' Lovers" - it's a well remastered copy of the original album* (still mono of course) + 11 bonus tracks (single releases from 56-63). Timeless.

* I have a 1958 pressing

• Like 1