Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Twelfth Night live at Reading Rock 1983.

It's a DVD that arrived today. I have ahd an image in my mind of the singer dressed as a WWI offcier in my head for the last 34 years, so confusion when he was dressed perfectly normally...

Then song 2 he has a labcoat on, and goes off stage for song 3.

Last song, Sequences, he comes on in full WWI kit exactly as I remembered.

Amazing that a memory of such a detail can last so long!

Good DVD too!

54 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Twelfth Night live at Reading Rock 1983.

It's a DVD that arrived today. I have ahd an image in my mind of the singer dressed as a WWI offcier in my head for the last 34 years, so confusion when he was dressed perfectly normally...

Then song 2 he has a labcoat on, and goes off stage for song 3.

Last song, Sequences, he comes on in full WWI kit exactly as I remembered.

Amazing that a memory of such a detail can last so long!

Good DVD too!

Remember taping their album from my mate around that time. Twelfth Night on one side and IQ on the other. Great albums from both bands.

Pretty sure they also played my local venue The Heathery Bar in Wishaw around then too. It was the biggest bar venue in UK holding 200-300 if i remember right.  Lot of the big bands played there incl Marillion, Iron Maiden (very early years), Jack Bruce, Pallas, Frankie Miller, to name a few

Dave

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DaveFry said:

And Monk solo , making you think that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing but he never loses the form . Genius :

Genius indeed, Monk is one of my favourite musicians simply because sometimes he sounds so disjointed and dissonant but it always swings like a really big swing with a heavy thing swinging on it. What a dude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

American Hi-Fi, first album.

I think this was one of the first albums I downloaded on Napster (don't get your panties in a twist, I've bought it).

It's a very strong debut...haven't listened to it in yonks. 

I remember liking that album too, I thought they were destined for great things but they seemed to fizzle out quite quickly if I recall correctly. 

8 hours ago, BrunoBass said:

I remember liking that album too, I thought they were destined for great things but they seemed to fizzle out quite quickly if I recall correctly. 

They (to date) have done six or seven albums, there was a bit of a hiatus period while they all seemed to be doing other work.

Sadly, much a case of diminishing returns though; first album was brilliant pop/punk, the second had a couple of terrible tracks, and so on.  

On 04/11/2019 at 17:16, Al Krow said:

Loving been introduced to Kinga's work by Q, she is such a fresh and fun and very talented bassist:

Def one of the better bass led tunes I've heard in a while. Not sure I'd want to listen to a whole album of this type of thing but the odd tune now and again, 👌

Not that this'll be of much interest to 90% of BCers 😏 it's mostly been the sampler CD for Underworld's upcoming Drift box set which compiles tracks that have been released digitally at a rate of one a week over the last 12 months. If the tunes on the sampler CD are owt to go by the 7 CD box set 'll be a monster. 

8 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Not that this'll be of much interest to 90% of BCers 😏 it's mostly been the sampler CD for Underworld's upcoming Drift box set which compiles tracks that have been released digitally at a rate of one a week over the last 12 months. If the tunes on the sampler CD are owt to go by the 7 CD box set 'll be a monster. 

I’m in the 10%.... 

I love Underworld, in fact I had ‘Second Toughest In The Infants’ on in the car only yesterday. 

Useless trivia; my mate did Karl Hyde’s drive a few years ago. A very nice man, I’m reliably informed.