Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

As it's Halloween, I'm working my way through the "spooky" era of AFI, started with Shut Your Mouth And Open Your Eyes and have just finished the All Hallows EP

Maybe some Misfits later if I get through to the end of Sing The Sorrow by the of the day 

2 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:I'm being eclectic....

What a great song, what a great band, proper. Perhaps the greatest first verse in music, ever...

I'm a human fly
I spell (it) F-L-Y
I say buzz buzz buzz
and it's just because
I'm a human fly
and I don't know why
I've got 96 tears
and 96 eyes

..genius.

22 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I think the first side of this album is one of the greatest pieces of rock music there is.

The whole album is a masterpiece for me, it's a million miles away from their highly lauded first album and far better, I just wish Algy was higher in the mix.

• Like 1

Just played along to Sultans of Swing on Planet Rock. It was in Dm. Played along to it last night and it was in Db m, or very nearly so. Really odd as I've been playing it in Dm for decades!

Think it was a bit off. Songs on the radio are usually pretty consistently in key, but are there two versions out there or was it possibly slowed down a tiny bit to fit broadcast timings?

On 31/10/2019 at 14:01, Frank Blank said:

Some great bass, some fine flute, some Dizzy G, man they swing.

And Monk solo , making you think that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing but he never loses the form . Genius :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interview with drummer Frankie Dunlop about Monk the Teacher :

I have noticed a lot of bands fail to make Li'l Darlin' swing like the Basie Band .
Motorcycle trials riders tend to be better at motocross than motorcrossers are at trials .

• Like 1