Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

23 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I’m a newcomer to Richard Dawson, his new album 2020 is... well, it just is. Best thing I’ve heard for months. Here’s the opening track.

If I worked in the benefits office I’d do too many drugs too

sounds like an English Zappa crossed with 70s children’s TV themes to me

Edited by Twigman
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barking Spiders said:

right now I'm listening to a selection of Half Man  Half Biscuit tunery on Last.FM  which includes Joy Division Oven Gloves,  Knobheads on Quiz Shows,  I Left My Heart In Papworth General and  Blue Badge Abuser

Splendid band, not least because two of them were in a previous band called Attempted Moustache, without doubt the best band name I’ve ever heard.

1 minute ago, Frank Blank said:

Splendid band, not least because two of them were in a previous band called Attempted Moustache, without doubt the best band name I’ve ever heard.

Indeed they are with only the Macc Lads rivalling them as the having the best ever song titles like Something's Rotten In The Back of Iceland, on right now

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Indeed they are with only the Macc Lads rivalling them as the having the best ever song titles like Something's Rotten In The Back of Iceland, on right now

I think my favourite song title of all time is Fat Lad Exam Failure by Bogshed and my favourite album title is, without doubt, Satan Kidney Pie by Ten Benson, but for consistently excellent song titles you can’t beat HM,HB.

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 1

On 17/10/2019 at 20:50, skidder652003 said:

The Dude by Donald Byrd, a great piece of 1970 acid jazz in response to Miles Davis' beaches Brew (well the whole album was), and I play in a sweaty pub rock covers trio, shhh, don't tell the band mates!

I did actually enjoy your Jazz clip. Memories from when i was younger and picked up many tips from listening to Jazz albums like that.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1