Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

9 hours ago, Graham said:

The new Cult Of Luna record, I finally found the time to listen to it today and it's a belter

I didn't know there was a new album!
Now listening to it.

EDIT: 3 tracks in and it's fantastic! I was worried they'd peaked with Mariner. But, thankfully, they didn't!

Edited by bartelby

1 hour ago, bartelby said:

I didn't know there was a new album!
Now listening to it.

EDIT: 3 tracks in and it's fantastic! I was worried they'd peaked with Mariner. But, thankfully, they didn't!

I don't think it's quite as good Mariner, but then that's probably in my top two records of all time, very good nonetheless. 

The last track - The Fall - is stunning

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Graham said:

I don't think it's quite as good Mariner, but then that's probably in my top two records of all time, very good nonetheless. 

The last track - The Fall - is stunning

Yeah, Mariner is something special. I've always been a bigger Julie Christmas fan than Cult of Luna. 

But this new one isn't far off.
Going to have to see if anywhere has a vinyl copy left...

Edited by bartelby
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mikel said:

The Beatles "She loves you" on radio 2. Forgot what a great song it is. It jumps out of the speakers, so much energy and enthusiasm. Why is modern radio stuff not exciting like that. Mostly bland and over produced.

Agreed! I'm a huge fan of the Beatles btw. 

It's just amazing how special they were, even rocking the exact same songs nowadays - they would still sound modern. Just listen to their live recordings back then, what kind of burst of energy and that Ringo beating a heal of those drums. Also rhythms and drum beats they played - I mean hats off. Everything they did is still perfectly valid and not so outdated sounding which is kinda the case with music a decade earlier (although love "oldies" so much too!).

15 hours ago, Bogdan said:

Agreed! I'm a huge fan of the Beatles btw. 

It's just amazing how special they were, even rocking the exact same songs nowadays - they would still sound modern. Just listen to their live recordings back then, what kind of burst of energy and that Ringo beating a heal of those drums. Also rhythms and drum beats they played - I mean hats off. Everything they did is still perfectly valid and not so outdated sounding which is kinda the case with music a decade earlier (although love "oldies" so much too!).

I recently had a bit of a Beatles binge and having not listened to them for some considerable time, couldn’t believe how fresh tracks like Strawberry Fields and Tomorrow Never Knows sound. Incredible band, whichever era you pick.

On 24/09/2019 at 12:28, SteveH said:

I,ve only just discovered Jellyfish albums Bellybutton and Spilt Milk... how did this amazing band pass me by. I can't get enough of these super talented dudes. The song writing, musicianship,vocals are to me, as good as it gets. And they could pull it all off live equally as well. Any more Jellyfish fan's out there?

slightly late to this one, but another fan of Bellybutton here.  Joyous jangly guitar pop for anyone who's ever tapped their foot to a Beatles song

never really got into Spilt Milk, and never really got into any of the stuff that the band members did next, despite trying really hard

1 hour ago, 4000 said:

I recently had a bit of a Beatles binge and having not listened to them for some considerable time, couldn’t believe how fresh tracks like Strawberry Fields and Tomorrow Never Knows sound. Incredible band, whichever era you pick.

Tomorrow Never Knows was the Chemical Brothers manifesto. Fabulous track.