Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

10 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Fad Gadget..? You! Sir are a scholar and a gentleman. The other three bands are superb but Fad Gadget, man, some of the most exciting gigs I ever attended.

I wish I’d seen him, I never did. Frank was a true one-off, a maverick. There’s not many left anymore. 

20 hours ago, BrunoBass said:

Old synth stuff like Cabaret Voltaire, Throbbing Gristle, Fad Gadget, D.A.F. etc

Nice! I'm also back to my fave stuff,  more recent  electronica of the not mindless four -to -the-floor / clubbing variety. I'm talking old school Warp, Ninja Tune,  Mo Wax and Kompost. Currently it's mostly Monolake which I recommend muchly to anyone who likes stuff like Autechre, the Black Dog, Plaid, Biosphere etc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

Nice! I'm also back to my fave stuff,  more recent  electronica of the not mindless four -to -the-floor / clubbing variety. I'm talking old school Warp, Ninja Tune,  Mo Wax and Kompost. Currently it's mostly Monolake which I recommend muchly to anyone who likes stuff like Autechre, the Black Dog, Plaid, Biosphere etc

As far as I'm concerned, electronic music starts and ends with Tim Blake.

On 19/09/2019 at 20:14, BrunoBass said:

Old synth stuff like Cabaret Voltaire, Throbbing Gristle, Fad Gadget, D.A.F. etc

I'd love to add some synth/industrial parts to my songs, I must definitely go back listening some of these bands for inspiration om creepy noises (especially throbbing gristle) . :)

10 hours ago, oZZma said:

I'd love to add some synth/industrial parts to my songs, I must definitely go back listening some of these bands for inspiration om creepy noises (especially throbbing gristle) . :)

You just need a massively egotistical, manipulative, idiot to mumble nonsense for a bit.

(I love TG, but really don’t like G(B)P-O)

I,ve only just discovered Jellyfish albums Bellybutton and Spilt Milk... how did this amazing band pass me by. I can't get enough of these super talented dudes. The song writing, musicianship,vocals are to me, as good as it gets. And they could pull it all off live equally as well. Any more Jellyfish fan's out there?

Edited by SteveH
Trying to copy link from YouTube

3 hours ago, SteveH said:

Any more Jellyfish fan's out there?

Yes.

Bellybutton is one of my favourite albums, every song is killer and sounds like a number one. I don’t know which edition of the album you have but I had the expanded CD, with terrific live covers of songs by Wings, Badfinger etc. Certainly showing their influences! 

Jellyfish should’ve been huge. I’m convinced they weren’t because of their image, which I’m sure put people off.

Thanks for reminding me, I’m going to put Bellybutton on in the car on the way home! 

BA99B9AB-43B1-46B3-96C4-D81D73E43F85.jpeg

Edited by BrunoBass

6 hours ago, BrunoBass said:

Yes.

Bellybutton is one of my favourite albums, every song is killer and sounds like a number one. I don’t know which edition of the album you have but I had the expanded CD, with terrific live covers of songs by Wings, Badfinger etc. Certainly showing their influences! 

Jellyfish should’ve been huge. I’m convinced they weren’t because of their image, which I’m sure put people off.

Thanks for reminding me, I’m going to put Bellybutton on in the car on the way home! 

BA99B9AB-43B1-46B3-96C4-D81D73E43F85.jpeg

Good to hear from a Jellyfish fan, I agree with everything thing you wrote. Such well crafted song's with killer hook lines/ choruses. Some of the song's sound like they were written in the late sixties or early seventies. I remember seeing them on MTV and thinking they looked pretty groovy, I think the video was "The king is half undressed" absolute perfect "power pop" tune. I've just ordered the deluxe edition CDs and I've heard the extra live tracks and spent the last two weeks trying to find as many live performances on YouTube...... I'm almost obsessed with them.....it's almost like discovering The Beatles for the first time. I don't think there's a bad track on either album. Certainly no justice in the world, when a band is so talented both playing, and in songwriting that they fall by the wayside. Check out on YouTube "produce like a pro" for one and a half hour interview with Roger Joseph Manning jr , where they go through the whole of Bellybutton. It's really interesting.

• Like 1

I've been listening to Johnny Cash playlist on Spotify recently. Man, can't belive I never gave his music a fair chance to get into it, now I'm addicted. Love the storytelling elemnt of the songs and damn those root & 5th bass lines are so groovy. Less is more (unless you're Yngwie LOL).

• Like 3