Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Tool - Fear Inoculum

It's on repeat, together with...

...this one, Lutz's "Nowherebound" , with NancyJohnson on bass. Great alternative and somewhat experimental stuff - with a vengeance.
In fact, I think we should start a new BC Bands thread as in: what great bands do we have and where to get hold of their stuff. We did one before, but I don't remember its thread title.
At any rate, Lutz are at https://lutz6190.bandcamp.com/releases

lGTzLmH.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BassTractor said:

Tool - Fear Inoculum

It's on repeat, together with...

...this one, Lutz's "Nowherebound" , with NancyJohnson on bass. Great alternative and somewhat experimental stuff - with a vengeance.
In fact, I think we should start a new BC Bands thread as in: what great bands do we have and where to get hold of their stuff. We did one before, but I don't remember its thread title.
At any rate, Lutz are at https://lutz6190.bandcamp.com/releases

lGTzLmH.jpg

Wowzer!  I love you, Bertie.  You're very kind.

34 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Wowzer!  I love you, Bertie.  You're very kind.

Lord Bertie to you! 😛
I hope you understand it's not about kindness. It's just reasonable payment for the wonderful times you gave me with your lips! 😱

Seriously though, we have many great bands on BC, and you happen to be in one.
Some other great BC related bands and artists IMHO are Abandoned Stars, alpha male tea party, In Tyler We Trust, Jair-Rôhm Parker Wells, Joan the Wad,  Our Helical Mind, and I'm sure a bunch of others my mind refuses to remember at the moment.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BassTractor said:

Some other great BC related bands and artists IMHO are Abandoned Stars, alpha male tea party, In Tyler We Trust, Jair-Rôhm Parker Wells, Joan the Wad,  Our Helical Mind, and I'm sure a bunch of others my mind refuses to remember at the moment.

ANTA is another, although @joegarcia isn't on the forum much these days. I think he's too busy with his recording studio business.

Anyone who's into the proggier side of post rock should check them out.

https://anta.bandcamp.com/

37 minutes ago, itu said:

Tina Turner - We don't need another hero.

Have to do a transcription to the next Thursday rehearsal. That very probable synth bass has few peculiarities that take time to catch.

Any help to you ?

We Dont Need Another Hero Bass by Tina Turnertabs @ Ultimate Guitar Archive.html

• Thanks 1

On 08/09/2019 at 23:31, dmccombe7 said:

Any help to you ?

Thanks, I need to compare this to my trial. TABs are not my cup of tea, so may take a while. Let's see... No, I am not very good at TABs. I may be old fashioned, but I read notes better. This is my approximation of the bass line.

We dont need another hero.pdf

Edited by itu
additions

4 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

a fair bit of the criminally underrated 23 Skidoo who old Peelie was a tad fond of . Most of their tunes had some nice bass bubbling away. This is one of my fave tunbes

Excellent band, saw them at Futurama 3 (1981 I believe). Burnt my leg jumping over a bonfire I seem to recall, then again I was very, very... drunk.

I’ve just binge listened to whole of Spotify’s ‘Stay Free’ podcast series, the story of one of my favourite bands of all time, The Clash. 

It’s superbly researched and put together, and while I didn’t really learn anything I didn’t already know, I really enjoyed it. 

Highly recommended if you love The Clash.  

A song by Kasabian that I’m learning for the band. I’ve had the damn thing on repeat in the car all week trying to learn the arrangement. I bloody can’t stand Kasabian and consequently am unfamiliar with their oeuvre. Listening to them on repeat reminds me why...