Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

re-acquainting myself to Richard O'Brien's finest work, The Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack.

I played in a Rocky Horrible tribute band in the 80s for a Miss Australia contestant's fundraiser and it was a blast. Easliy the best gig I played.

We had a killer band, male and female singers, guitars bass keys sax drums, all in costume.

I love the dynamics in his songs, in the basslines especially. Soft passages leading into full on rock and roll.

Science Fiction, Sweet Transvestite, Hot Patootie.

Can't listen to the Time Warp again though, it was overplayed to death over here in the 80s and 90s.

"A great day for freedom" from the Live in Gdansk album by Dave Gilmour.

He has played some superb solos over the decades but the solo on GDFF wrings every drop of emotion from a very poignant song. I just played it in the car waiting for a meeting and I am not ashamed to say the tears were rolling down my cheeks. Mr Gilmour has the gift of playing just the right notes at just the right time to enhance the emotion of a song and bring it to an edge so sharp its easy to cut yourself.

Right at this moment "Things That Dreams Are Made Of" by the Human League...in a pub in Chapel St Leonards ..having already been treated to Talking Heads and the Stones, while a band is setting up a few feet away and I'm almost tempted to peek in the guitar cases they've left on the next table lol

On 10/08/2019 at 19:27, Doctor J said:

I've also become aware of these guys. If you like the idea of old Scorpions gone super heavy with Klaus Meine mixed with Lenny Wolff on vocals, then give this a few minutes of your time.

Reminds me a bit of Ian Astbury too. I quite like this.... 🙂

54 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I'm envious, but.. isn't a box set of unreleased tracks an oxymoron 🙂

Indeed, perhaps I should have said "previously unreleased". My inner (and outer) Civil Servant language and grammar pedant hands his head in shame.

And you should be envious, it a blooming great collection - esp the tracks of Rory backing Lonnie Donegan, Muddy Waters and Albert King!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

These last few days I have been mostly listening to Slipknot's newie and the very latest by Blanck Mass - Animated Violence Mild - which is kinda  electronica's answer to death metal. I dont come across a whole  lotta love here for the Knot. Am I on my Jack Jones here?

I quite liked the new Slipknot, certainly enjoyed it more than I thought I would - Birth Of The Cruel is a belter