Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Guest oZZma
29 minutes ago, bartelby said:

Awesome choice!!

Neurosis week, listening everything again and again in chronological order! :biggrin:

12 hours ago, IdrinkHeineken said:

Wings of Tomorrow by Europe.

Dance the night away along with Dance the Night Away!

Cheers!

Firefox_Screenshot_2019-06-25T22-14-56.019Z.png

We can only lisetn to that for another four months, Then we have a diet of this...

image.png.4ad3145cda93fe4168469e3c04176d8c.png

Edited by Stub Mandrel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

We can only lisetn to that for another four months, Then we have a diet of this...

image.png.4ad3145cda93fe4168469e3c04176d8c.png

Excellent UK album is one of my favs especially In The Dead of Night title song. John Wetton at his very best IMHO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IdrinkHeineken said:

Thank you for the reply. 

Now I'm listening to the album, U.K. by U.K. It's to me for the first time.

The album might be quite progressive in albums that were released in the years from 1977 to 1982, by quite famous bands that could be categorised as progressive rock bands, which make me like that, I mean, I like the album that could be quite progressive with a bit of the taste of jazz fusion, which would have put the album beyond my taste, if had been added quite more.

Anyway, cheers!

"Quite progressive" - just a bit!

Alan Holdsworth, John Wetton, Bill Bruford and Eddie Jobson 🙂

53 minutes ago, casapete said:

For anyone who missed this. 

I'm afraid that, as an equal opportunities misanthropist and probably as a serious minority, Sheryl does absolutely nowt for me. It feels lumpy, there's no groove or syncopation and it doesn't have metaphorical cojones. 

And funnily enough I've just been listening to this:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

I'm afraid that, as an equal opportunities misanthropist and probably as a serious minority, Sheryl does absolutely nowt for me. It feels lumpy, there's no groove or syncopation and it doesn't have metaphorical cojones. 

No problem, good job we're all different etc. 🙂 Definitions of groove, syncopation and cojones are all subjective too of course, and I realise that I'm in quite a small minority on here liking the stuff I do. FWIW Primus do nowt for me (too shouty / overplayed / naff guitar sounds etc) and I frequently have this same debate with our PA engineer who loves 'em, playing their stuff at soundchecks to try to convince me what I'm missing!! Mark me down as dinosaur I guess 🦖

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, casapete said:

FWIW Primus do nowt for me (too shouty / overplayed / naff guitar sounds etc)

😀

That's why I like 'em! And also why I don't like Sheryl - and most other bands where the musicians back a singer, as opposed to the singer being an equal part of the band (btw, I like brown sauce on my chips 😆). It probably stems from the fact that I don't really like singing as such - much prefer rhythmic shouting/rapping/chanting etc. And while I love what many of our more 70s oriented brethren might call "overplaying"(*), can't be doing with oversinging - whether it's the latest Mariah wannabe or opera... 

* I like jazz! including free improv!

4 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

And also why I don't like Sheryl - and most other bands where the musicians back a singer, as opposed to the singer being an equal part of the band 

Funnily enough, I thought she does sound like part of the band more than 'the singer out front'. The fact she plays guitar, piano and (on one song) bass only makes me warm to her more. We're probably polar opposites in our tastes - not a big fan of shouting / rapping / chanting stuff, although think we agree on oversinging so there's a start....😂

• Like 1