Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

3 hours ago, bartelby said:

Recently it's been lots of Faith No More. Albums multiple times, except Sol Invictus which I'm not a fan of. The bass tone and production is really nice, but the actual songs are weak as flip...

One man's poison and all that jazz but IMO it's a cracker with tracks like Superhero, Separation Anxiety, Sunny Side Up, Black Friday and Mutha. The only Patton album I hardly ever play is TRT. That starts off with a strong 1,2,3,4 and then goes off the boil, the low point being War Pigs. Don't like the original either, if that's not sacrilege to admit.

3 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

One man's poison and all that jazz but IMO it's a cracker with tracks like Superhero, Separation Anxiety, Sunny Side Up, Black Friday and Mutha. The only Patton album I hardly ever play is TRT. That starts off with a strong 1,2,3,4 and then goes off the boil, the low point being War Pigs. Don't like the original either, if that's not sacrilege to admit.

I was very much underwhelmed by Sol Invictus, to me they came back after a long time away with an album full of playground songs. 

EDIT: That was a bit unfair. I've been listening to it today. I'm still underwhelmed but not all the songs are childish...

I actually prefer the second half of The Real Thing (The Real Thing onwards) but, due to buying the vinyl on release and the cd many years later,  War Pigs and Edge of the World are very much add ons...

Edited by bartelby

Now listening to Flotsam & Jetsam's Doomsday for the Deceiver for the first time since 2006, when the 20th Anniversary edition was released, having bought the album first in 1986 based on the Kerrang! review.

Used to love this album, but these days the vocals grate quite a lot...

Listening to 'Summer of Sorcery' from Little Steven and The Disciples of Soul, in readiness for seeing them this weekend during their UK tour. Amazing 15 piece band, can't wait. This is the opening track on the album.

taking a break from my recent bingeing on Slipknot, Lamb of God and Pantera and back to my more usual fare of groovy downtempo vibes especially Fila Brazillia  of which I have several albums on rotation; Black Market Gardening, Luck Be A Weirdo Tonight, Jump Leads and a Touch of Cloth . Dunno if they're any other likers here? 

8 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

Drowning out my nextdoor neighbours punk with music by Noisia, I find this childishly amusing.

When I lived in a maisonette the son of the couple who lived above visited and played the Chilli Peppers rather loud.

As soon as the track finished, I played it back to him considerably louder.

That worked 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

When I lived in a maisonette the son of the couple who lived above visited and played the Chilli Peppers rather loud.

As soon as the track finished, I played it back to him considerably louder.

That worked 🙂

Likewise - in volume wars there is only going to be one winner here...

Edit - but I am not against people enjoying themselves, however these folks only have about 4 albums and I'm getting bored of them now. They also seem to use their choice of music to retaliate against each other in their frequent arguments.

Woman Like Me again, eh?

Edited by BreadBin
  • Haha 1

When I lived in a flat, one of the previous downstairs neighbours liked to play his music a bit too loud. After a short while, I decided to play bass along with the songs at a decent volume (decent enough to make walls rattle). Didn’t always play the same notes as the songs, as I could just hear the beat. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I used to live on the top floor of some flats above a shop, only 3 floors of flats. The guy on the lowest floor, didn't work and slept all day, so used to play horrible 70s and 80s easy listening stuff quite loudly through the night. I worked shifts at the time so when I needed to be up at 5am it was a bit annoying. The middle floor was empty at the time, so I'd hook up a drum machine into my bass amp and leave it playing a bassy kick drum and then go out for the day. 

Then one day the middle floor was occupied by a single woman. She seemed to retaliate by having very loud sex, multiple times a day (and night), with different people. Fortunately she was only in the flat for 2 months before getting evicted for "running a business" from the flat...

Then the guy on the lowest floor got evicted for setting fire to his kitchen... twice... in two weeks...

Back on topic:

I had the car stereo on shuffle on the way to work this morning and after a couple of tracks it skips to The Switch by Senser. So I took it off shuffle and started it the album from the first track. I forget how good that album is.

This was always my favourite track of theirs back in the 90s

• 2 weeks later...

I have the new Rammstein album on repeat.  I'm sure my neighbours like it.  The album is a masterpiece and the best music released in 2019 by a country mile IMHO.  🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

19 hours ago, Doctor J said:

I picked up Coloursound cd in a charity shop. Mike Peters and Billy Duffy. I had never heard of it before but it’s a nice slab of rock. Billy Duffy very rarely lets you down. Not essential but very respectable.

Mike Peters was on 6 Music the other day, I'd forgotten how good The Alarm were 👍

I'm currently listening to some fat beats

Radio 1 has been playing the àrse out of this

which has now grown on me to the point where I've spent the morning listening to various other Sam Fender tracks.

He doesn't have an album out yet, but there's a few bits and pieces on Amazon, which, considering I don't really listen to guitar music much these days, I found myself thoroughly enjoying.

Maybe Rock isn't dead after all...

Edited by Cato
  • Like 1