Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

On 10/04/2019 at 09:35, casapete said:

Heard this on the radio, and reminded me what an amazing song and bassline it is. Love it.

One of my fav songs and one of my fav musicians. Only came across him few yrs back. Brilliant

Dave

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

One of my fav songs and one of my fav musicians. Only came across him few yrs back. Brilliant

Dave

I was lucky enough to see Kamasi and the band live on the Epic tour.

It was one of the best live performances I've ever seen.

Patrice Quinn's voice is astonishing.

I'm almost certainly going to see them again when they play Birmingham in May even though the tickets are a bit steep this time around.

• Like 1

Guest oZZma

My colleagues played and sang this song today in the car on the road back from Graz to reach our loved ones (as for me, to reach The Band) in the weekend. A long, loooong trip.

I don't like the song but it has somewhat moved me this time.

Edited by oZZma

For some reason I have been obsessed by this for the last week. 

I was into PG when I was 15. Now I am 50 I am having another go! 

The bass on this is amazing. TL. I think fretted MM. Though sounds fretless?!!! 

Edited by roblpm
Sp
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

I preferred them when they were younger and groovier :)

each to their own but their last three albums are IMO among their best, particularly as they feature the original line up. Martin Atkins is a fine drummer but for me Big Paul's style is best for the KJ sound.Whichever way, for my money they're among the most criminally underrated rock bands ever, considering the influence they've had on other bands like Nirvana, Metallica. and pretty much any industrial metal band 

• Like 1

Steeltown, by Big Country.

It's never struck me before just how dominant the bass is on this album. Taking nothing away from the other bandmembers, or the superb songwriting and powerful (and very angry at times) themes, but Tony Butler's bass drives everything it touches. Listen to the chorus of Rain Dance for example -- the bass is everything. Just... brilliant.

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1