Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

1 hour ago, bartelby said:

I really love all of Scorn's* output. I shocked a mate yesterday by saying I preferred Scorn to Napalm Death. 

Have you heard his FRET project?

*let's be honest here, it's all Mick Harris...

I have always liked Scorn. I was very much into industrial kind of stuff when I was a teenager. Only recently I have started to appreciate grindcore and other extreme metal stuff (tech-death and stuff like that. I was very biased and I didn't think I could find that interesting... I was WRONG). I don't know if it's the enthusiasm for something I'm really "discovering" only now, but if you ask me, at the present time I'm more into Napalm Death xD

Edited by oZZma

2 minutes ago, oZZma said:

I have always liked Scorn. I was very much into industrial kind of stuff when I was a teenager. Only recently I have started to appreciate grindcore and other extreme metal stuff (tech-death and stuff like that. I was very biased and I didn't think I could find that interesting... I was WRONG). I don't know if it's the enthusiasm for something I'm really "discovering" only now, but of you ask me, at the present time I'm more into Napalm Death xD

I grew up in Coventry. From the mid 80s through to 1990 it was almost like one long grindcore/death metal/crust gig in the area. I saw stupid amounts of gigs. Napalm Death, Bolt Thrower, Extreme Noise Terror etc, saw the creation of Godflesh and Scorn...

1 minute ago, bartelby said:

I grew up in Coventry. From the mid 80s through to 1990 it was almost like one long grindcore/death metal/crust gig in the area. I saw stupid amounts of gigs. Napalm Death, Bolt Thrower, Extreme Noise Terror etc, saw the creation of Godflesh and Scorn...

22o7zt.jpg.913422cc092464b1cb7648e80cfd7211.jpg

On 05/02/2019 at 18:34, oZZma said:

I have always liked Scorn. I was very much into industrial kind of stuff when I was a teenager. Only recently I have started to appreciate grindcore and other extreme metal stuff (tech-death and stuff like that. I was very biased and I didn't think I could find that interesting... I was WRONG). I don't know if it's the enthusiasm for something I'm really "discovering" only now, but if you ask me, at the present time I'm more into Napalm Death xD

Give these guys a listen:

http://borntomurdertheworld.bandcamp.com/album/the-infinite-mirror-of-millennial-narcissism

It's a collaboration between Shane from Napalm Death and Mick from Anaal Nathrakh, plus they've got Drunk (Duncan) from Mistress/Fukpig/live Nathrakh on vocals.

It's not long, but it is good 

1 minute ago, Graham said:

Give these guys a listen:

http://borntomurdertheworld.bandcamp.com/album/the-infinite-mirror-of-millennial-narcissism

It's a collaboration between Shane from Napalm Death and Mick from Anaal Nathrakh, plus they've got Drunk (Duncan) from Mistress/Fukpig/live Nathrakh on vocals.

It's not long, but it is good 

Thanks for the suggestion!! :)

4 minutes ago, timhiggins said:

Me too with the reggae.. i have been listening to lots of great versions of 'Queen majesty ' [the Curtis classic] for a reggae show i do..

Great tune , nice Bassline ,that’s definitely one for my playlist,   I’m listening to a lot of raging fyah and Israel vibration at the mo .

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tthiggins said:

Me too..played both on the show recently..Jay Glory Ragin fyah and Israel Vibration 'Same song'... Israel vibration ,Heptones,and Mghty Diamonds top of my playlist at the moment 🙂

Raging fyah were a backing band for too long , imo they deserve to be front line, Rudeboy  shufflin is a good one to keep in the groove 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1