Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

On 01/02/2019 at 09:59, ubit said:

How much does this boy sound like Layne Staley?

If someone had posted just the music and said this was a lost Alice in Chains recording I don't think many people would query it. 

• Like 1

On 01/02/2019 at 10:59, ubit said:

How much does this boy sound like Layne Staley?

of course he "souds like" Layne Staley, he's putting all the effort even to mimic Layne Staley

very much cosplaying tribute band  kind of stuff :wacko:

Edited by oZZma

5 hours ago, oZZma said:

of course he "souds like" Layne Staley, he's putting all the effort even to mimic Layne Staley

very much cosplaying tribute band  kind of stuff :wacko:

Well I can sing and I could try with all my effort and I wouldn't sound like Layne Staley, so my original statement stands.

15 minutes ago, ubit said:

Well I can sing and I could try with all my effort and I wouldn't sound like Layne Staley, so my original statement stands.

Well if his goal is to be a Layne Staley carbon copy he's very good at it. I just dislike the idea, that's all

He looks like a parody, he also imitates his gestures.

Edited by oZZma

RATM - Wake Up, Township Rebellion (quick trip to Starbucks)

Oh the irony of taking my white, privileged butt for a Mocha whilst thrashing to angry rawk and imagining being Keanu Reeves in the Matrix (or John Wick, or...) taking down all the annoying people at work.

On 04/02/2019 at 10:25, bartelby said:

A nice bit of Napalm Death (version 2.0)

I love this record.

I haven't listened anything today. Where I have to work now, I can't bring my phone, I can't bring an MP3 player or any other data  storage device, I can't listen any internet radio or YouTube. I know lots of people have far worse jobs than mine but I feel so alienated that the perspective to spend many months, maybe even years there is like a cherry on the pile of sh*t that my life already is.

I wonder if people working at the Department of Defense have SO MANY ridiculous rules just to make you hate your job.

5 minutes ago, oZZma said:

I love this record.

I really love all of Scorn's* output. I shocked a mate yesterday by saying I preferred Scorn to Napalm Death. 

Have you heard his FRET project?

*let's be honest here, it's all Mick Harris...

Edited by bartelby

1 minute ago, bartelby said:

No, but I'll check that! :) Not now tho, I'm too worn out today to even find pleasure in music. -_-

1 hour ago, bartelby said:

I really love all of Scorn's* output. I shocked a mate yesterday by saying I preferred Scorn to Napalm Death. 

*let's be honest here, it's all Mick Harris...

I have always liked Scorn. I was very much into industrial kind of stuff when I was a teenager. Only recently I have started to appreciate grindcore and other extreme metal stuff (tech-death and stuff like that. I was very biased and I didn't think I could find that interesting... I was WRONG). I don't know if it's the enthusiasm for something I'm really "discovering" only now, but if you ask me, at the present time I'm more into Napalm Death xD

Edited by oZZma