Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

On 02/12/2018 at 05:43, Ricky 4000 said:

For about a year now - Caravan Palace... I think I'm in love with the singer...

And for this week - Pomplamousse. My son put me onto them:

That’s really good, I couldn’t take my eyes off the keyboard player rocking out 😀

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, songofthewind said:

2VN, what a great album. The bass part on Gaslighting Abbie is my fave on that record.

It is a great album indeed.....Have the live Plush TV Jazz Rock Party 2000 on now. Love their live stuff from this period, yeah the bassline to Gaslighting Abbey is just so tasteful yet hugely funky, Tom Barney and Ricky Lawson [rip] in the pocket, what a rhythm section, they groove on 'Jack of Speed' too!

Matt Woosey Band, Live at Gallagher's Nest, just released. I've seen Matt solo several times (in fact booked a local gig for him on his last tour) but saw him with his band for the first time a few weeks ago. Excellent powerful stuff. The album gets the live energy but with good sound quality and just enough audience applause, not too much. Very good production, good detail in the sound. Classified as "blues", but almost all originals and no 12-bar clichés. His lyrics are clever and intelligent. Deserves to be much better known. 

http://www.mattwoosey.co.uk/