Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

18 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

I heard a couple of those on 6Music a little while ago @darkandrew - I was blown away with how good they sounded. 

I'm not sure how it would have faired in the early 90's but listening to it now, it is absolutely amazing. I was listening to it last night and was blown away too. One of my favourite albums of the year (not that there's too many to choose between).

4 hours ago, bartelby said:

I’m listening to CD 11 of a 14 CD boxset retrospective of Éliane Radigue. A French pioneer of minimalist electronic music.

Thanks for posting this. As much as I love electronic music I’m beginning to realise that my knowledge of genre’s history is woefully inadequate, I know very little about anything prior to Tangerine Dream or Kraftwerk really so finding out about/listening to Éliane Radigue is cool.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Thanks for posting this. As much as I love electronic music I’m beginning to realise that my knowledge of genre’s history is woefully inadequate, I know very little about anything prior to Tangerine Dream or Kraftwerk really so finding out about/listening to Éliane Radigue is cool.

On the off chance that you haven't had a taste of Tim Blake's 70's electronica, may I suggest you keep an eye/ear open for Crystal Machine and New Jerusalem. 

Just now, Frank Blank said:

Another new one n me, thanks!

Hope you enjoy, his solo work was first half of the 70s, contemporary with TD, but played solo & live. He was also the synth player with Gong and more recently with Hawkwind. This short track from Gong is an indication of where he was heading. I wore the album out back in the day!

On 25/11/2018 at 21:29, Frank Blank said:

Is this a first time mention of Venetian Snares on BC? 

I've recently come across a whole bunch of stuff on French ambient electronica label Ultimae by way of Carbon Based Lifeforms. Over the last last coupla weeks I've not been able to get enuff of AES Dana, especially...

14 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

I've recently come across a whole bunch of stuff on French ambient electronica label Ultimae by way of Carbon Based Lifeforms. Over the last last coupla weeks I've not been able to get enuff of AES Dana, especially...

I'm digging AES Dana! When I get the chance that is between repeatedly playing Wonderful World by Nine Horses...

Edited by Frank Blank

7 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Why are they all standing on individual rugs? Did they bring them from home? I never thought of taking a rug around with me. It's a good idea, 👍

You've not played enough dives or festivals with slippery surfaces, maybe..? It lends a dash of 'home comfort' to the occasion. I'm a drummer, so (obviously...) I have a rug; our rehearsal space is laid out in similar fashion to the video above (albeit a tad smaller room...). Mickey 3D have an armchair and standard lamps, with lampshades, on their stage; it's part of their atmosphere. Try it, they're fun..?

• Like 1

Above link is to the whole album. There are a couple of interesting Led Zep reimaginings.

The standout original track is this:

Also worth checking out is his previous album with a great Jeff Buckley cover and some more amazing originals with throbbing OC-2-type bass on some tracks.

Full album:

Buckley cover: