Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

I've made a conscious decision to listen to albums recently rather than the greatest hits and compilations playlists I've drifted into.

This weeks LP's

Ian Hunter - Ian Hunter

Radio Birdman - Radios Appear

Mighty Diamonds - Right Time

Edwyn Collins - Gorgeous George

New Order - Low Life

The Soundtrack Of Our Lives - Origin

Paquet Courts - Wide Awake!

• 2 weeks later...

"Give out but don't give up: The original Memphis recordings" by Primal Scream. Having watched the documentary about this on BBC 4 last week, I bought the CD on Amazon and wow! In the documentary, Alan McGee explains that he had the songs remixed for the initial release because they were too much of a departure from Screamadelica and he didn't feel that the record-buying public were ready for it. Maybe he's right, the songs have got more in common with 1970's and The Faces than the early 90's but 25 years on, I've got to say that the songs in their original form, as presented here, are awesome and so much better than the pimped up, remixed versions that were released first time around. If you're a Primal Scream fan or a fan of soulful 1970's blues rock then this is definitely worth a listen.

Edited by darkandrew
  • Like 1