Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

4 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Oh lord, there was me thinking it would be old as in 50s or 60s and there’s Conflict, thirty years, Christ on a bike.

😆 I'd call it a classic but it might offend some people, I was talking to Richard Lucas last Saturday, and he was saying it's great to see the  youngsters coming to see them now, the kids of the kids that were into us originally as he put it. ( the auto censor has changed his name lol )

Edited by doomed

2 minutes ago, doomed said:

😆 I'd call it a classic but it might offend some people, I was talking to Richard Lucas last Saturday, and he was saying it's great to see the  youngsters coming to see them now, the kids of the kids that were into us originally as he put it. ( the auto censor has changed his name lol )

Are they still playing?

Today I've listened to the new Sumac record - Love In Shadow (crushing post-metal featuring members of ISIS/Old Man Gloom and Russian Circles/Botch) and the debut album by Covet which is called Effloresce (instrumental post-whatever)

Both very good and there's some exemplary bass playing on the Covet record

I'm listening to this album which I've wanted for nearly 40 years! It was on my 'to buy' list when I was 16 but I never got it - I finally picked up a copy.

You can't see it in the link - it's the London RnB Sessions album recorded live at the Hope & Anchor.

Edited by el borracho

BGO reissue of the first three 'Lake' albums on CD..... just fantastic stuff if you like early Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan, etc..... LOVE it!

Also, the latest 'Kayak' album - titled 'Seventeen'. A wonderful pomp/prog release in the style of Alan Parsons Project, 'Camel etc.

Great stuff :)

Edited by cetera

6 hours ago, cetera said:

BGO reissue of the first three 'Lake' albums on CD..... just fantastic stuff if you like early Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan, etc..... LOVE it!

Also, the latest 'Kayak' album - titled 'Seventeen'. A wonderful pomp/prog release in the style of Alan Parsons Project, 'Camel etc.

Never heard of Kayak before but they sound pretty impressive. Will give them a bit more investigation.. I was a big prog fan from late 70's too including Camel and Alan Parsons.

Thanks for the heads up on them.

Dave

• Like 1

On 27/09/2018 at 12:13, cetera said:

I've been listening to the first Lake album recently and I'm impressed. I bought it in the mid 90s as part of a job lot - ten albums for £5 and I only wanted one of them (not the Lake one) so I picked 9 random albums. Shortly after I ditched the record player and stopped listening to vinyl.

Earlier this year I set it back up and dug all the old records out. The Lake album was still sealed so I thought I'd give it a spin. Still listening to it now.

• Like 2

On 26/09/2018 at 10:16, Graham said:

The new Conan - Exestential Void Guardian, superb

A man to my own heart :)

I've seen them a few times now, they all seem like great guys.

Since the arrival of the baby, most of my listening has had to be with earphones on - and Spotify has lured me in an Old School Heavy Metal playlist, ideal for those brief minutes of Xbox time with the cans on. Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Anvil... it's making me feel both old and great in the same listening :D

• Like 1