Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Was big into this when it came out - nice idea, properly mixing hip-hop with jazz. This features N'Dea Davenport from the Brand New Heavies and also a sample of Freddie Hubbard's Povo with a lovely weaving bassline by Ron Carter.

Played the whole Jazzmatazz album today, start to finish, and really enjoyed it...

1 hour ago, IdrinkHeineken said:

Shy Boy by Talas.  Repeatedly reading posts at BC.

Cheers!

Sink_Your_Teeth_Into_That_Billy_Sheehan_-_2018-07-26_21.24.31.png

I have this album on vinyl! :) I found it as a teen and, well.. I keep it very safe, all wrapped up! A prized album for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

Cooper, lots of Alice Cooper . Sticking to the albums from the heavy alcohol/drug years 😱

I love Welcome to my Nightmare, must be time to dig it out again :)

• Like 2

I don’t listen to much classical music, mainly due to my own lack of knowledge. I like what I like, but it’s such a broad umbrella covering so many genres and sub-genres it’s difficult to know where to start. I feel the same about jazz to some extent too.

So I’ve been exploring and last week I came across Vaughn Williams’ ‘The Lark Ascending’, which I think must be one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever heard. Hearing it led me back to Górecki’s Symphony No.3, which I am familiar with and is similarly enthralling.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

which album?  good to see there are at least a few bods around these parts who like a bit of electronica

I have a couple I keep swapping back and forth between at the mo, namely 'Music Has The Right to Children' and 'Geogaddi'

Im not a massive electronica fan, but do listen to all sorts. Id like to delve into the genre a bit more, can you recommend me some stuff? Are Carbon Based Lifeforms worth a listen? I noticed their albums seem quite expensive

4 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

which album?  good to see there are at least a few bods around these parts who like a bit of electronica

I’m a huge electronica fan, always have been. Just yesterday I was listening to the first two Human League albums, they’ve never been topped imho. Metamatic by John Foxx today.

• Like 1