Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

10 minutes ago, kendall said:

Very true - Blood & Thunder is exactly how an album should start! 

Hearts Alive isn't a bad way for it it end either! I know, Joesph Merrick actually finishes it, but that is very much an outro

Edited by Graham
  • Like 1

On 07/07/2018 at 20:14, Frank Blank said:

Awesome! I'd almost forgotten about Troublefunk. Big Tony Fisher has a massive voice and a huge tone... might have to listen to some of their stuff tonight :)  Saw them at Brixton Academy, but never in a library! 

Edited by Conan

5 minutes ago, Conan said:

Awesome! I'd almost forgotten about Troublefunk. Big Tony Fisher has a massive voice and a huge tone... might have to listen to some of their stuff tonight :)

I had forgotten about them, they are grand.

Edited by Frank Blank
Hector's House

1 hour ago, Frank Blank said:

I'm listening to this in order to learn it, suffice to say I'm about two bars in. I thought buying a Rob Allen would mean I was able to play it straight away..! 🤣

This is what persuaded me to buy mine. Of course I had to learn it too. I'm kinda OK up to the solo (for a value of OK), but my harmonic knowledge isn't up to improving over it authentically. Fun to do though, a genuine solo piece. Good luck.

Yeah, I saw them on the last tour in Cardiff. Stood right in front of Paul, so I could hear the bass from his rig. Glorious!!

I got chance to talk to him and Bryn a couple of years ago when they were part of a Q&A session with the documentary. Two, properly, nice guys. 

• Like 1

All this talk of The Damned reminds me of my favourite track, Love Song. I saw The Damned a lot back in the day but never got into them heavily, I was always going to gigs simply to get some dBs down me lug 'oles. I love the first side (showing my age there) of Machine Gun Etiquette but essentially I'm not particularly familiar with anything else. I think the first five tracks from this album might be (imho of course) the finest first side of rock music ever (apart from the production) it's an absolutely thrilling set of songs.

Edited by Frank Blank
Melody Lee

3 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

All this talk of The Damned reminds me of my favourite track, Love Song. I saw The Damned a lot back in the day but never got into them heavily, I was always going to gigs simply to get some dBs down me lug 'oles. I love the first side (showing my age there) of Machine Gun Etiquette but essentially I'm not particularly familiar with anything else. I think the first five tracks from this album might be (imho of course) the finest first side of rock music ever (apart from the production) it's an absolutely thrilling set of songs.

Totally Agree Frank! But for me, this is a great album all the way through, sadly though, as you mention the production let's it down especially on the Bass side of things, Algy Ward is playing some great stuff down in that muddle of a mix.

42 minutes ago, bartelby said:

Yeah, I saw them on the last tour in Cardiff. Stood right in front of Paul, so I could hear the bass from his rig. Glorious!!

I got chance to talk to him and Bryn a couple of years ago when they were part of a Q&A session with the documentary. Two, properly, nice guys. 

I met them after the Mayfair and Dingwalls gigs in Newcastle in 82 & 83 respectfully. They were all down to earth apart from Scabies, who was up his own derrière on both occasions.

23 minutes ago, pst62 said:

Totally Agree Frank! But for me, this is a great album all the way through, sadly though, as you mention the production let's it down especially on the Bass side of things, Algy Ward is playing some great stuff down in that muddle of a mix.

That's just my teenage boredom threshold, I haven't attempted to listen to that album in it's entirety since 1979, must give it a go now, I've only got those first five songs on my iPod, shocking.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pst62 said:

I met them after the Mayfair and Dingwalls gigs in Newcastle in 82 & 83 respectfully. They were all down to earth apart from Scabies, who was up his own derrière on both occasions.

I was only 10 in 1982... 😆

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

Have you heard The Anatomy Of? That's a good one of theirs :)

I haven't.  I only recently got into this BTBAM.  Been working my way through the back catalogue, I have only got as far back as Colors (which is immense).  

Surprised to notice its a covers album - can't imagine what a Motley Crue song would sound like in their hands!  ;0)