Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

7 minutes ago, pst62 said:

Featuring the very much overlooked Leeroy Gorman.

Really like Bow Wow Wow - there was a BBC gig from Sefton Park (I think) back in the day that blew me away at the time.

As I recall it a Wal bass was being 'strummed/slapped/picked/strangled' to within an inch of its life for most of the gig.

Fabulous bass player.

• Like 1

I remember a mate doing me a copy of this album on a trusty TDK D90 when it came out nearly 30 years ago.

I couldn't stop playing it, and played and rewound it time and again. To this day it still ranks as one of my favourite albums - it's otherworldliness (?) put me in mind of how I felt hearing Bowie albums in the 70s or Prince in the early/mid 80s. It all seemed so far away from the traditional sound/production I was used to hearing.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Old Man Riva said:

I remember a mate doing me a copy of this album on a trusty TDK D90 when it came out nearly 30 years ago.

I couldn't stop playing it, and played and rewound it time and again. To this day it still ranks as one of my favourite albums - it's otherworldliness (?) put me in mind of how I felt hearing Bowie albums in the 70s or Prince in the early/mid 80s. It all seemed so far away from the traditional sound/production I was used to hearing.

Brilliant album! Great band, sadly missed. I bought it on vinyl within days of it's release, that pic ^ was a free poster that came with it, still gets played regularly, though the copy now is on CD.

For the last few days I've been flitting back and forward between Tesseract's new album "Sonder" and, wait for it, Deacon Blue's top 15 songs on my "play music" app. Amos Williams and Ewen Vernal are both total beasts...

Zeal & Ardor's new record Stranger Fruit

I wasn't convinced by the first album - Devil Is Fine - mixing black metal with black American slave songs seemed like a good idea which almost worked, but didn't quite; this new one is a belter though.

On 20/06/2018 at 19:51, Frank Blank said:

Actually sublime...

I think this must require a very specific mindset to be able to sink into it and 'enjoy' it. I don't seem to have such a mindset. I also had great trouble trying to follow the lyrics. Not for me, I'm afraid. :|

6 hours ago, BrunoBass said:

I remember seeing them perform this on Later... several years ago and was blown away. It’s on YouTube I think, worth checking out.

I saw them perform it live not long after the Later performance, I thought the building was going to collapse.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

I think this must require a very specific mindset to be able to sink into it and 'enjoy' it. I don't seem to have such a mindset. I also had great trouble trying to follow the lyrics. Not for me, I'm afraid. :|

I think with Battles it is very much a love/hate thing, I have played this track to several people who I thought would dig it but really didn't.

Edited by Frank Blank
Takeaway arrived
  • Like 1