Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

Just been spinning Yes' second offering 'Time and a Word'.  Haven't listened to it for 10 or 15 years but it still sounds fresh and most definitely 'Yes'  music unlike the last 2 albums which I found truly boring).  What is really remarkable is just how inventive Chris Squire was back then - His playing comes across really prominently on the original vinyl (apparently due to the sound guy having the bass turned down in his headphones so he kept turning chris up) so it's really easy to make out every note. Unfortunately Pete Banks guitar takes a bit of a back seat but there's still plenty of wonderful music on there.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Of late and as I work right now it's all been back to back Future Sound of London, their entire From The Archives and Environments series. 

I gave ISDN a blast the other week. Still a great sounding album...

4 hours ago, Graham said:

Bass-less grindcore this afternnon - Insect Warfare followed by Wormrot

The last Wormrot album is bloody marvellous. First time I heard it, it took me right back to how I felt when grindcore first started appearing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bartelby said:

The last Wormrot album is bloody marvellous. First time I heard it, it took me right back to how I felt when grindcore first started appearing.

It's superb, I'd not heard that one before this afternoon, but it's got to be one of my favourite grind albums.

1 hour ago, LegateNaarifin said:

Wow, nice! I've heard the drums on the more recent albums are programmed, but he can play that stuff live and that's impressive

I've never understood why they've gone the programmed route...but I suppose as they have all manner of poop going on with the other instrumentation, why not go the whole hog and do drums as well.

I have been listening to old one hit wonders of the 70's to the 2000's

Vapers - Turning Japanese

Chic - Good Times

Jet - Are you going my way

Buggles - Video killed the radio star 

Lit - My own worst enemy

And so on

Good exercises to find different bass tones

Also I like to use the wrong FX while playing along with these which is more fun than it should be

• 2 weeks later...