Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

3 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

The new A Perfect Circle CD that came out at the weekend. Much quieter than previous stuff, and I like it

I didn't even know there was another album coming out. I like this song! I'll have to get the album. 

4 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

The new A Perfect Circle CD that came out at the weekend. Much quieter than previous stuff, and I like it

I've got the album, and I really like it overall. Lots of heavy stuff, not in a heavy rock/metal way, but more a heavy-on-the-mind sort of thing. Plus Maynard does some really amazing stuff with his voice (he did all the vocals on this ones. Yes, all of them, even the ones that sound feminine!)

I’ve had Counting Crows’ ‘August and Everything After’ on in the car today; one of those albums that I always go back to, and have done for well over twenty years. I’m a song guy first and foremost, but listening today it struck me how good the rhythm section is on this album. On the song ‘Omaha’ particularly the bass and drums are locked...

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BrunoBass said:

I’ve had Counting Crows’ ‘August and Everything After’ on in the car today; one of those albums that I always go back to, and have done for well over twenty years. I’m a song guy first and foremost, but listening today it struck me how good the rhythm section is on this album. On the song ‘Omaha’ particularly the bass and drums are locked...

I've always thought of 'August' as one of those rare perfect albums.

There's not a weak song on it.

It was impossible to follow up of course and in my opinion none of Counting Crow's subsequent recordings came close.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cato said:

I've always thought of 'August' as one of those rare perfect albums.

There's not a weak song on it.

It was impossible to follow up of course and in my opinion none of Counting Crow's subsequent recordings came close.

I agree, they were never this good again. Better to make one stone cold classic than none at all though I guess 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cato said:

Absolutely.

Nooo. Recovering the Satellites is amazing and has me in tears half the time. Agree that the next few albums are a mixed bag but the last album (so far), Somewhere under Wonderland is brilliant. 

August is utterly captivating though, who doesn’t love it?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

Nooo. Recovering the Satellites is amazing and has me in tears half the time. Agree that the next few albums are a mixed bag but the last album (so far), Somewhere under Wonderland is brilliant. 

August is utterly captivating though, who doesn’t love it?

Satellites would have have been a good album from anyone who's previous effort hadn't been so exceptional, as it was I felt incredibly disappointed the first time I heard it. 

I tried to let it grow on me, but despite a couple of brilliant moments it never did.

I will check out Wonderland on your recommendation though.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cato said:

Satellites would have have been a good album from anyone who's previous effort hadn't been so exceptional, as it was I felt incredibly disappointed the first time I heard it. 

I tried to let it grow on me, but despite a couple of brilliant moments it never did.

I will check out Wonderland on your recommendation though.

Me too.

• Like 1

Current listening:  The tumble drier.

I heard a Counting Crows bootleg a while ago.  Powerful, tight and somehow economical; proper live work, really impressive.  (I liked them before, but that would have impressed anyway.)