Why become a member? ×

What are you listening to right now?

Sarah5string

One of the bands I've recently booked has just put out an EP, I like it a lot, very theatrical... Reminds me of Alice Cooper in lyrical content, certainly more hard rock than metal and for some reason, the verses of the first track sound like they could be part of an Industrial album (KMFDM, etc) at least the drums do, it's also insanely accessible which is partially the reason for the booking.

but it works for me.

What are you guys checking out right now? Always wanting to hear more music! 

Drum machine and cello driven psychedelia - sounds weird but it really works - from 1982. Also, this is possibly the earliest example of anyone using scratching as an effect in a song?

All Hail The Yeti - I saw these guys supporting 36 Crazy fists the other week, cracking set, loads of energy and nice guys to boot.  They took the time to chat with me and signed my CD....yeah I know - I'm too old to be acting like a teenager but sod it - their bass player was spot on!

They have become a favourite on my running playlist.All

2 hours ago, kendall said:

All Hail The Yeti - I saw these guys supporting 36 Crazy fists the other week, cracking set, loads of energy and nice guys to boot.  They took the time to chat with me and signed my CD....yeah I know - I'm too old to be acting like a teenager but sod it - their bass player was spot on!

They have become a favourite on my running playlist.All

Sounds like the perfect support for 36 Crazy Fists! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BassTractor said:

Does "practically everything" include Flux of Pink Indians and Butthole Surfers? I like those. :)

I’m just having one of those silly ‘nothing else matters’ moments. Flux had, at various times, mates of mine playing for them so they get a pass. I never really heard Butthole Surfers but I was once sitting in a van backstage at the Reading Festival waiting to load out when my fellow tech jumped out having spied Ice-T, “I’m gonna shake that dudes hand” he said excitedly. Ice-T gave him a look and said “Not now man, I gotta see Butthole Surfers”. I blame the wearing of a white biker jacket with tassels, never a good move in any circles.

• Like 1

I'm listening to the (blatant plug) brand new album from the band Ostura called "The Room" which is available to buy, download and stream from this very link:

https://umusicmena.lnk.to/TheRoomFP

Featuring, of course myself, my long time dear friend Thomas Lang, Marco Sfogli, Arjen Lucassen, Michael Mills (from Toehider and Ayreon) and these rather awesome lovely people below.

Oh wait... and The City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra!!!! 

28058391_961150560707548_369495292089260

https://umusicmena.lnk.to/TheRoomFP iTunes, Spotify etc etc