Why become a member? ×

Has anyone heard from bassdoc?

sellisnba

Hi all.
I was just wondering if anyone had heard from bassdoc recently. I sent an inquiry over regarding a custom pick guard a while ago but have heard nothing back.
Is bassdoc still in business?
Staying on topic, could anyone tell me how much he charges for tort shell p bass pickguards?
Cheers

I saw him on Saturday and he is OK. But he was laid low for a while with a virus and may still be working his way through a backlog...

I think you could expect a PG for around £30.... depends really!

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1414881238' post='2594411']
Yes I did, I passed on a message to Billy Apple regarding a custom pickguard I'd paid Howard to make in March (few days before he got ill).
[/quote]
I have also passed on a message to him re a pickguard Howard was making me in May.

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1403536032' post='2483663']
I saw him on Saturday and he is OK. But he was laid low for a while with a virus and may still be working his way through a backlog...

I think you could expect a PG for around £30.... depends really!
[/quote]

Perhaps you could enquire as to why he hasn't replied to me since 26th May 2014 regarding a job I paid a deposit for on 21st October 2013?!

Si

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1414865858' post='2594173']
Have you seen this update?
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/243278-bass-doc-announcement/page__pid__2528320#entry2528320"]http://basschat.co.u...20#entry2528320[/url]
[/quote]

that link doesn't work for me, has the thread been deleted?

Matt

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1415018662' post='2595627']

that link doesn't work for me, has the thread been deleted?

Matt
[/quote]

Hmmm, looks that way, or moved. It was a pinned thread from a few months ago by Billy Apple. He said that the Doc was recovering and planning to get the backlog cleared up. Sean (BA) offered to help by collating all outstanding order info via PM to help make sure that nothing was missed.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1415027277' post='2595799']
Hmmm, looks that way, or moved. It was a pinned thread from a few months ago by Billy Apple. He said that the Doc was recovering and planning to get the backlog cleared up. Sean (BA) offered to help by collating all outstanding order info via PM to help make sure that nothing was missed.
[/quote]

I understand that around the middle of this year Mr Apple did indeed collate as many outstanding BC member orders as could be found at the time. He then passed the information on to the Doc for his attention.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1415034307' post='2595910']

I understand that around the middle of this year Mr Apple did indeed collate as many outstanding BC member orders as could be found at the time. He then passed the information on to the Doc for his attention.
[/quote]

Since then, Howard has seemingly avoided contact with BillyApple, myself and all other members attempted to make contact.

Si

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1415097948' post='2596564']
Seems he has upped and left then maybe try and get your cash back and go elsewhere me thinks
[/quote]

Blimey! He was practically worshipped as a God on these pages. Hope he is still on the mend!

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1415098205' post='2596566']
Blimey! He was practically worshipped as a God on these pages. Hope he is still on the mend!
[/quote]He hasn't answered my PMs and texts for months on end, but on the other hand he was always very straight ahead, helpful and honest in the many dealings I had with him before this - so I'm guessing something radical and life-changing has happened to him. I hope he's OK.

Edited by discreet