Why become a member? ×

Unique AVENGERS Jazz Bass - Marvel-lous!...SOLD
£215

TimAl

[size=5][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Hello there all,[/color][/font][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]I've only gone and done another one! This time I've gone for a Jazz bass & I've used Marvel's Avengers as a theme.[/color][/font][/font]

[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Built by myself - so truly unique - I've decoupaged some Marvel paper onto the body - which involves sticking the paper on to a prepared body with PVA glue & then covering liberally with clear lacquer to give protection. I also commissioned a unique full-colour vinyl graphic which has been permanently mounted onto 2mm thick clear acrylic to add to the Avengers vibe, along with a bespoke headstock decal that's also lacquered.[/font][/color][/size]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]This is NOT a new bass & it was finished by hand so it does have some marks to it, along with the odd crease where the paper has been wrapped & stuck to the edges of the body - which is only natural! - but nothing at all that affects its playability I'm sure this would really be more likely to hang on a wall than your 'go to' bass but all works correctly & it sounds like a J should![/color]

[color=#282828]In my own little world I've listed how much I believe this bass is worth to me at £215.00 - but I am open to serious offers as this is a unique item & it's really only worth what YOU think it's worth. I'd also[/color][/font][/size][/font][color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5] positively encourage you to come see him in the flesh, so to speak, to make sure you're totally happy before parting with any lolly. I'm just outside Bedford & work from home, so am pretty flexible with timings. If that's not possible for you I'm more than happy to securely bubble wrap & box up if you wish to arrange your own courier.[/size][/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]Payment by PayPal 'Gift', bank transfer or good ole fashioned cash in hand - plus no trades, swaps or magic beans please.[/color][/font][/size][/font]

[color=#282828][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]To confirm, this is absolutely definitely & categorically NOT a Fender Avengers Bass, Made in the USA with the Serial Number M4RV3L - it is a homemade MarvelArse Bass . . .[/size][/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]All comments - both positive & negative - are most welcome.[/color]

[color=#282828]Cheers[/color]
[color=#282828]Tim[/color][/font][/size][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828][/color][/font][/size][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=5][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828][/color][/font][/size][/font]

Ah, sorry fellas - I understand now!

I'm afraid I've no idea - I received it as a no-name bass with no logo whatsoever on the headstock so I can't really say with any authority. I *think* I'm right in saying that it could be one of the, erm, 'lower spec' basses out there, such as a Johnny Brook or Jim Deacon? Certainly NOT a Fender or Squier!

To answer another question, it weighs around 4kg/8lb on my rather ancient set of bathroom scales:

@ chrismuzz - thanks very much! :thank_you:

@ discreet - sorry, originally completely foxed there,but understand now. Yes, I'm sure it started life as a generic Jazz clone, hence the shape.

@ throwoff - I'd be delighted! Drop me a PM whenever you like.

Thanks again guys for all your positive & very kind comments.

I've had a few enquiries about commissions - I'm under the cosh this afternoon with 'proper' work, so hope to reply to you all this evening - may even start a new thread to discuss commissions to keep this one relevant to selling the MARVELarse Bass . . .

Will be in touch later
T

Ooooh - sorry TheGreek - 'What's next?' Well, funny you should ask that . . . I've got something in the pipeline naturally. However all suggestions welcomed!