Why become a member? ×

FS / FT FENDER CUSTOM MADE JAZZ
£900

billge

[b]AN ALL AMERICAN MADE BASS WITH THE HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIALS. I HAD THIS MADE 10 YEARS AGO USING A HEFNER 1-PIECE LIGHT WEIGHT SWAMP ASH BODY (FOR MORE RESONANCE) TIED TO AN ALL PARTS BLOCK INLAID NECK. IT IS BASED ON A '63 STYLE BUT I ALSO WANTED THE BLOCK INLAYS.[/b]

[b]I HAD THE LUTHIER INSTALL FENDER CUSTOM SHOP PICK UPS AND THE BEST ELECTRICS. IT WAS ALL FINISHED IN FENDER SHELL PINK [i]NITRO. [/i]THE NECK WAS STRIPPED AND REFINISHED IN PINK AND AMBER TINT [i]NITRO. [/i][/b]

[b]MADISONS SUPPLIED THE SCRATCH PLATE, TUNERS, SCREWS, NECK PLATE, ETC. IT COST A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT IN PARTS AND THE LUTHIER'S TIME. HOWEVER, AFTER 10 YEARS IT'S TIME TO MOVE IT ON.[/b]

[b]I WOULD REALLY LIKE A TRADE FOR AN AMERICAN PRECISION WITH CASH - EITHER WAY DON'T REALLY MIND FOR A GOOD PLAYER.[/b]

[b]THE BASS WEIGHS IN AT 9 LBS ON THE BATHROOM SCALES AND IS SET UP EXTREMELY WELL..[/b]

[b]CAN COURIER IN UK FOR APPROX £25 INSURED.[/b]

[b]ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK.[/b]

I'm confused...you say that you had it made from a selected body (Hefner??) with an All Parts neck and that the luthier installed Fender P/ups and parts from Madisons. I'm not saying it isn't a nice bass but surely this isn't a Fender then??

I think the point that TheGreek is making is that the bass doesn't carry a Fender serial number and although Hefner and Allparts produce good bodies and necks they are not Fender parts from the Fender factory. The bass has some Fender parts on it but that in itself doesn't make it a Fender bass. However, you have been very honest about how the bass has been made up and I have to say it is a great looking instrument. I would be happy to have this bass in my collection if I had the money. Good luck with the sale.