Why become a member? ×

Spector Euro 5 LX Green *****SOLD*****

Funkym0nks

hello all

For sale is my Spector Euro 5 lx. I bought it new 2 years ago and it has been mainly used for rehearsals and only gigged a few times.
The bass is in excellent condition, and there are very few marks.

This bass has a great tone, and cuts through the mix very well without much effort.

I'm looking for £700 including postage. i will post it in a gig bag inside the original box it came in.

Trade wise i would maybe be interested in some sort of fretless, preferably a 4 string.

will accept cheque (subject to clearing) or paypal.

cheers

alan

Made in the Czech Republic by master craftsmen, this neck-thru electric bass offers you all the premium playing quality and stunning looks for which Spector basses are renowned. The Euro 5 LX bass features the fully carved and curved original NS body shape. The body is of solid alder and the wings have 3 layers: figured maple on top, a slice of walnut, and an alder back for a stronger fundamental. Graphite-reinforced 3-piece rock maple neck has a 24-fret rosewood fretboard decorated with crown mother-of-pearl inlays. American-made EMG active pickups and deluxe Spector 9-volt TonePump EQ circuit deliver the ultimate in output and tonal range. Solid brass Spector locking bridge. Gold-plated hardware.

Spector Euro 5 LX 5-String Bass Guitar Features:
35" scale
Alder body with quilted top
EMG-DC pickups
Spector active TonePump circuit
Graphite-reinforced 3-piece rock maple neck
24-fret rosewood fretboard
Crown mother-of-pearl fretboard inlays
Gold-plated hardware: Spector solid brass bridge, Schaller tuners, and locking strap buttons

[url="http://www.spectorbass.com/NewFiles/euro.html"]http://www.spectorbass.com/NewFiles/euro.html[/url]

Edited by Funkym0nks

I had one of these for a while (in black cherry) and it was a great bass, I just couldn't adjust to a 5er. I had the chance to compare it to a friends USA 5 and he was a bit crest fallen afterwards as there was no difference in playability and about a gnats chuff difference between them in tone, however about £2000 in value.

[quote name='cetera' post='26438' date='Jul 3 2007, 12:03 PM']Have a bump for a GREAT bass!!

Just sold mine (couldn't get on with that unnecessary extra string) to buy another Spector 4 ^_^[/quote]

im thinking of getting a spector 4 sometime in the near future. But first i want to try a fretless jazz or something similar.

I had a NSCR5 the same colour - as far as I can tell no different to this one unless the circuit is different. Really nice bass. Only changed it as I had a hankering to return to Fender and got a MM5. Love the Fender, but I miss the Spector though.

I would have been interested in a trade as I have a 4 string US Fender Jazz fretless which is immaculate and is mainly used as a back up, but my Pedulla 5 fretless was recently damaged and so I need the Jazz for the moment.

[quote name='fnajazzman' post='27247' date='Jul 4 2007, 11:20 PM']Is there anything on my for sale thread i've just posted that you'd be interested in trading with?[/quote]

sorry! if its going to be a trade it would need to be a fretless jazz, even if its a cheap one. (squire modified fretless+ cash)

[quote name='Funkym0nks' post='29327' date='Jul 9 2007, 08:37 PM']Im going on holiday pretty soon so when i get back in just over two weeks im going to put this on ebay.
somebody out there must want this?[/quote]

I would love it :)

[quote name='Funkym0nks' post='29337' date='Jul 9 2007, 08:51 PM']Would you love it for £700[/quote]

Check the for sale forum. Do you think i have £700 :) Theres no one buying right now! No sell, no buy!

Im just waiting for Beedsters GAS to crack and the whole market will restart, Hes the catalyst.

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='Shockwave' post='29339' date='Jul 9 2007, 08:52 PM']Check the for sale forum. Do you think i have £700 :) Theres no one buying right now! No sell, no buy!

Im just waiting for Beedsters GAS to crack and the whole market will restart, Hes the catalyst.[/quote]

hah, ok.

let's hope his GAS gets too much for him soon then.
i have changed my mind, it doesnt have to be strictly a fretless jazz, just some fretless 4 stringer.

Edited by Funkym0nks

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely bass. Got myself a Spector Euro LX 4 a couple of months ago, and never play anything else now!! Would love to add your bass to my collection, but will need to get rid of my Warwick Corvette standard 5 and Warwick Dolphin pro II before I can justify another bass!! Good luck with the sale.

• 2 weeks later...