Why become a member? ×

2012 USA Fender hand stained ash Jazz Blowtorched.
£850

JazzBassfreak

So this is my blowtorched hand stained ash jazz. I've got to admit with it being excessively gigged time hasn't been kind to the satin finish, so one evening it got...refinished. plus the fact I drilled a hole too many for the bridge ashtray. All the cosmetic wear adds mojo though I believe. It sounds killer and the rumour is these had custom shop wound pickups? Not too sure, anyway, ash body, rosewood fingerboard, maple neck. Passive. Can't go wrong!

This bass is really a beater with mojo. I really honestly love it dearly and will be gutted if/when it goes. It's not in terrible shape so don't think when i say "beater" I neglect it, it's very well looked after. But the kind of beater as in its been royally used and abused, but plays like butter and sounds...well umph. Weight wise I'd probably put it at 8lb's 5oz from memory but I'm not sure.

Cheers :)

Edited by JazzBassfreak

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='thebassist' timestamp='1416257287' post='2608437']
Gutted it got blowtorched - I've been after one of these for about a year now. I've seen three P bass versions but not one jazz.
[/quote]

To be fair the satin finish wasn't too hard wearing, I see it as an upgrade- can always be sanded back to natural wood and refinished fairly easily :)

[quote name='JazzBassfreak' timestamp='1416661931' post='2612412']
Does it take me to get my sander out and get this to natural to sell it?
[/quote]

Honestly, that's probably a good idea. Most people like a natural finish and this is obviously a love/hate thing as is.

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1416681719' post='2612647']
Honestly, that's probably a good idea. Most people like a natural finish and this is obviously a love/hate thing as is.
[/quote]

+1 to this - or even redo the stain close to the original? The 2012 hand stained FSR run is generally considered to be very cool looking, so not sure many people are going to think blowtorching this finish is going to be an 'upgrade'....

If it's anything like my P bass version though, it will definitely play beautifully & sound superb.