Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: Alembic F-1X pre + KMT DC-5 1kW amp w/ rack (updated prices)
£1100

Hi

After some thought this is back up for grabs again.

The lot consists in a Alembic F1-X preamp (it has been modded by the previous owner to have the power switch moved from the back pannel to the front) and a KMT DC-5 power amp bought new last december (still under warranty). I may be willing to split, depending on the offer.

The amp is class-H, 1U rack, it will go down to 2ohms in stereo mode (~550W p/ channel) and 4 ohms in bridge mode (1000w). Here's the manufacturer's link: [url="http://www.kmt-sound.de/endframe.htm"]http://www.kmt-sound.de/endframe.htm[/url]
The amp can also be used as a bi-amp, each channel has a switch to select between LP/FR/HP, good option to use with the F1's x-over. All the original paperwork for the amp is included.

The F1-X is in very good overal condition and it's fitted with a JJ/Tesla 5157 valve in order to reduce the gain a little and have more control on the output volume. It has been modded to have the power switch moved from the back to the front pannel, much more useable this way (can be seen on the pics).

A Proel 2U ABS rack is included on the sale as well as the cable to connect the pre to the power. Only downside on this is that the power amp has it's power chord connected to the chassis (no ICE socket) so if a UK buyer gets it he will have to either cut the EU plug on the cable and fit a UK one or simply use a plug converter - easy and cheap job.

Prices: [color=#ff0000][b]Withdrawn for now, i have a couple of gigs comming up where i need to use this amp so i don't want to have to refuse the sale to somebody. It will probably be back for sale by the end of the summer.[/b][/color]

Thank you

Edited by Ghost_Bass

• 3 weeks later...

Thunderfunk is sold (pending) so this is now only up for trade for a Mesa Boogie M6 Carbine plus cash my way or straight sale for [b]£950[/b]. I have no more rush in selling as i found another way to grab the deal i had in mind.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='fernandobicho' timestamp='1409225082' post='2537665']
top!
[/quote]

Yes it is, still not very convinced about selling. If it stays with me i'll be happy but if it sells i'll be able to try a couple of new things i have in mind.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...