Why become a member? ×

Mini Bass Bash in West Sussex - Sunday 31 August 2014

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks

As the South East Bash isn't happening now until 1st November, I figured it was high time we did another mini-Bash for any East Sussex/Brighton/West Sussex/Hampshire based Basschatters.. Last one was 3 years ago, so it's long overdue! So... here's what we've got:

[b]Sunday 31 August[/b]

Times: [b]11am-5pm[/b]

Cost:[b] £10[/b] on the door

Venue: Climping Village Hall, Climping, Littlehampton, West Sussex [b]BN17 5SN[/b]

By the way, sometimes on maps, 'Climping' is spelt 'Clymping' just to make it more confusing...

The venue is on the A259 just outside of Littlehampton, heading towards Bognor Regis. It's a bit of an old school style building but most importantly, it's:

(i) accessible,
(ii) has plenty of parking
(iii) has a kitchen so we can make teas, coffees etc, and
(iv) is not in a residential area, so we can make plenty of noise there!! :)

Please add your name to the list below and add what gear you're going to bring with you, as that always helps to whet the appetite and get the GAS going!

Not sure what the cost will be yet - that will depend on numbers, but should be around [b]£10[/b] for the day tops... Hope that's OK?

Regards

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

Looks like I won't be able to make the SE Bass Bash this year, so I might be tempted, even though it is a 2-hour drive. I'll keep my eye on this thread, and if it's a suitable date, could be up for some kind of lift-sharing arrangement.

[quote name='kristinaelias' timestamp='1401221145' post='2461467']
Oooh! Err, if it's not a silly question, what happens at a bass bash?? Sounds interesting. Perhaps more importantly does it matter if I'm a crap player? I wouldn't have to play in front of people would I?
[/quote]

There are usually a lot of people looking at and trying out each other's gear. Depending on size of venue, facilitators etc there may also be a jam room where you could have a little play(entirely optional) and or a few talks laid on about various subjects of interest (pedals, effects etc spring to mind).

I'd deflinitely encourage anyone to go, even if they think they are crap (whicch you're probably not anyway). When I went to my first bash I had only been learning for about 9 months, I didn't know one end of the bass from the other and I was sh*t scared. SO glad I forced myself to go. Met loads of hugely encouraging people and learned loads. :)

Hi Folks

So, how about these dates and this venue:

[b]Sunday 03 August[/b] or [b] Sunday 31 August[/b]

Times: [b]11am-4pm[/b]

Venue: Climping Village Hall, Climping, Littlehampton, West Sussex [b]BN17 5SN[/b]

If we can work out which of those two dates is best for the majority of you, then I can get the venue booked quite quickly.

The venue is on the A259 just outside of Littlehampton, heading towards Bognor Regis. It's a bit of an old school style building but most importantly, it's:

(i) accessible,
(ii) has plenty of parking
(iii) has a kitchen so we can make teas, coffees etc, and
(iv) is not in a residential area, so we can make plenty of noise there!! :)

Please let me know your thoughts ASAP/

Thanks

Nik

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1401471489' post='2464017']
Wahey! Good for either of those dates but prefer 31st (have a gig on the 2nd).
[/quote]

Cool, so that's:

01. Silverfoxnik
02. JapanAxe

So...who else fancies a little jaunt to the seaside in August?

Brilliant.... So we have at the moment:

Sunday 31st August:

01. Silverfoxnik
02. JapanAxe
03. KiOgon
04. kristinaelias

We need at least 10 people I think to make the event pay for itself, so come on folks - sign up! :)