Why become a member? ×

New band name.

leschirons

Same old, same old yet again.

Change of line up, slightly different direction gig-wise. We need a name.

The criteria.

Ideally needs to be understood by both nationalities. (The French do use quite a few English words these days)

It's a covers band. We play a wide range of music from old French standards to Chic and Adele

Two Brits and two French. (Please don't suggest "Frogs & Roastbeef" :D) and we're all middle-aged + (me being the +)

Don't mind a play on words but not too keen on humerous names so no "Dodgy prostate" type suggestions.

We're all from La Creuse, but can't use "The Creusers" (Although "The Creusaders" might get us a few more gigs :rolleyes:

Suggestions welcome at my peril.

Deja Vu

Works in both languages, you're doing covers so its all stuff people have seen before :lol:.....hey didn't that just happen?

I could offer to licence (for a grand total of nothing) a variation on my bands name "Groove Creuse" :D

Détendre (kick back / relax)
[size=4]à l'abri (under covers)[/size]
[size=4]Copie Chat (copy cat - ideal for covers)[/size]

[size=4]Mike[/size]

Well,

Thank you all most kindly. There are a few there that would work, going to throw a few of them up for the band vote. Thank you for the input.
My apologies to Uncle Psychosis. We've already been Deja vu for 3 years and after we changed it, another band started using it.
[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1401105608' post='2460043']
Motley Creuse

Although I suppose that would mean having to play 'smoking dans le chambre des boys'
[/quote]

Sorry Paul, that number is off limits. I think I had to play that in each Essex pub band I'd been in. It's my Mustang Sally :D Love the band name suggestion though.