Why become a member? ×

May Composition Challenge - VOTING!

Skol303

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1401754748' post='2466609']
How do I upload one, cant paste it in here and hasn't got a link as its on my computer?
[/quote]

Email it to Skol303. Ideally you'd have it on one of these Photobucket-type sites and send just the link, but maybe you don't 'do' that..? In any case, an email to Skol will sort you out good 'n proper, like, innit. :)

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1401776604' post='2466633']
Well done Stephen. I voted for yours. Its the first time i've voted for the winner
[/quote]

I voted for yours, I thought it was brilliant!

Well done to Stephen though, a great entry. They all were.

Congratulations to the winner!

Though I think it's wrong that Dad got no votes... his entry would have been my second choice, but the voting system doesn't allow for second choices... the result gives the impression that Dad's entry was liked the least when it could well have been in the top three.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1401787870' post='2466755']
Congratulations to the winner!

Though I think it's wrong that Dad got no votes... his entry would have been my second choice, but the voting system doesn't allow for second choices... the result gives the impression that Dad's entry was liked the least when it could well have been in the top three.
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind thought; I've had other messages expressing the same sentiment. It so happens that I'm not in the least disappointed, most especially in view of the really top-notch entries all around.
Anyway, as I half-joked elsewhere, I can always console myself that, if the first choice for the most folks wins, quite naturally, an entry which comes second for [i]everyone [/i]is not totally without merit..! No way of knowing, of course, but it's possible, innit..? :lol:
The idea is not to win, but to participate; just look at the company I'm keeping..! B)

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1401837461' post='2467473']
2 Votes you could win this Dad :)
[/quote]

Someone suffering from jet lag..? Doctor Who..? Myself, next year once I've (almost...) cracked time travel..? Go, me..! At this rate, I'll be well ahead in time for the June vote..! Can I solicit a roll-over..? (... [i]and no, that doesn't mean what you think it means..![/i] :o )

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1401828264' post='2467369']
Wot, wot, wot..? I've apparently been attributed a vote, despite the voting being over..! :ph34r: Thank you kind benefactor, whoever you are; could you show up just a tiny bit earlier next time, please..? <_<

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]
Hang about.......(no pun intended). Someone has taken a vote from me and given it to you. The bloody cheek. :D lol

Oh yeah, I lost around a dozen votes too (*ahem* *cough*).

:) joking of course!

I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I hadn't realised but I've been away for a year doing band stuff so this is my first venture back into my own weird creations. Thanks to everyone who listened, commented and voted, it's really appreciated.

OK, a joke's a joke, but just imagine the distortion of reality in the future, when the Interweb archaeologists research all this and falsely conclude that I had the edge over Skol..? Whole theses will have to be re-written, idols will fall, pub quizzes will create trouble and strife which could wipe out whole communities..! No,it's not worth it. I can't have that on my conscience. Flattering it may be , but the votes will just have to be returned to their rightful owners. The stability of the free world in generation's to come depends upon it.
No, no; you just go on ahead. I think I'll just lie here for a while, until the pain recedes. Go; don't look back. ([i]Sob[/i]...) I'll be fine; you'll see. Tell them that ... ([i]voice falters[/i]...) Tell them that I tried...

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:138939]

Can you not be serious for even the few minutes required for the implications of this enormity to sink in..? We're not discussing piffling virtual millions swashing about in the Netherweb, we're facing the complete discrediting of the whole Basschat voting ethos..! Just to illustrate exactly how bad things have got, [i]I've[/i] even had a stolen vote stolen from [i]me[/i]..! How did we get into this condition..? What a state of affairs. I demand to know what the Authorities have as a contingency plan for outrages of this ilk. We need action, fast, not flippancy. The world awaits...

Disgruntled, of Norwich.

Ah... OK, then; if equilibrium is restored, I'll withdraw my complaints. Seems like a rum do to me, though, when one has to resort to points stealing in order to restore the equilibrium. Still, as long as the Universe remains stable now, I'll play along. Powerful magic at work, no doubt well beyond my ken. :lol:

([i]I'd still like to know who stole my stolen points, though. Answers on a postcard to the usual address. No prizes[/i]...)

Edited by Dad3353