Why become a member? ×

oh God, please talk me out of it, major gas!

skidder652003

anyone else wondering what of this will end up in the for sale forum under wife pressure? :D [quote][color=#818181][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][center]Fender Jazz 62 Reissue[/center][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#818181][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][center]squier 82 JV P [/center][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#818181][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][center]SWR Working Pro 700[/center][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#818181][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][center]DHA - VT2[/center][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#818181][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][center]Markbass Compressore[/center][/size][/font][/color][/quote]

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1400964238' post='2458720']
anyone else wondering what of this will end up in the for sale forum under wife pressure? :D
[/quote]

lol, well apparently I shouldn't run an 8 ohm cab with it, so now I have to sell the 8 ohm warwick 411 and get a 4ohm cab or another 8 ohm (just sold an 8 ohm 115) :unsure:

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1400967636' post='2458762']
Option? I thought it was mandatory. ;)
[/quote]

Well yes, but I didn't want to come over all Michael Gove...

Edit: note the order of words carefully before posting a smart-arse reply...

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1400967721' post='2458763']

Well yes, but I didn't want to come over all Michael Gove...

Edit: note the order of words carefully before posting a smart-arse reply...
[/quote]

Yes I read the first bit twice before I noticed the second bit. Momentarily thought I had stumbled upon a 'niche interest' site.

It's a very good buy at that price. Nice one.

I will add that those Ampegs are waaaaay heavier than Selmer T&B 100's though. T&B - about 24kg, Ampeg - about 35kg.

The weight is the only thing that has restrained me from buying one of these things, and it's been a pretty close thing.

Please don't tell me how great it is once you get it, it won't do my marriage any good (I have spent way too much on bass gear recently) !

Edited by hamfist

yeah getting a bit nervous about the weight! I weighed my SWR and flightcase, thinking it would be similar, it isn't.
SWR and flightcase only 50lbs, SVT head 80lbs. However as Im the poor sod with the majority of the PA as well, ( active subs, passive tops but no more wedge monitors thank god) and a sack carrier is mandatory, Im hoping I'll get away with it. The Warwick 411 is so heavy it's now on castors. Seem to be going in a completely opposite direction weight wise to the majority of people on bass chat! But.....always , always wanted a 300 Watt Tube monster.. and you only live once... :gas:

[quote name='skidder652003' timestamp='1401007331' post='2458915']
yeah getting a bit nervous about the weight! I weighed my SWR and flightcase, thinking it would be similar, it isn't.
SWR and flightcase only 50lbs, SVT head 80lbs. However as Im the poor sod with the majority of the PA as well, ( active subs, passive tops but no more wedge monitors thank god) and a sack carrier is mandatory, Im hoping I'll get away with it. The Warwick 411 is so heavy it's now on castors. Seem to be going in a completely opposite direction weight wise to the majority of people on bass chat! But.....always , always wanted a 300 Watt Tube monster.. and you only live once... :gas:
[/quote]

they are bloody heavy!

andy

[quote name='skidder652003' timestamp='1401007331' post='2458915']
Seem to be going in a completely opposite direction weight wise to the majority of people on bass chat! But.....always , always wanted a 300 Watt Tube monster.. and you only live once... :gas:
[/quote]

It really has to be done. But be [i]really [/i]careful - it only takes one hernia operation to put you [i]right[/i] off! :)

Edited by discreet

If there's any way you can get the valves checked over then you should definitely do this whilst it's still covered by warranty.

An Ampeg 300w Classic came in for repair recently because it was buzzing a little and cut out a few times.

Repair bill including a complete new set of both pre and power amp valves was over £300!

A decent set of valves can go over £200 without allowing for biasing etc :(