Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Conklin GT7 7 string bass for sale or trade.
£850

7string

BASS NOW SOLD

[font=Helvetica]After a lot of thought, I’ve decided to sell my Conklin Groove Tools 7 string bass. I’ve been suffering from M.E./CFS for a few years now and this bass is now too much for me to play. Ideally, the plan is to sell this and go back to a Fender Urge Mk1, a 4 string, 32” scale bass I used to play in the mid-90’s (if anyone has one of those and wants to trade, please get in touch). If you have something that is 4 or 5 string, 33" or 34" scale that you want to trade then just get in touch.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]I bought this bass from the States and it’s been nothing short of brilliant. The body is swamp ash with a 1/4” quilt maple top in a wine cellophane finish while the neck is a 7 piece wenge/purpleheart, topped with a purpleheart fingerboard with off-side position markers. The 2 active Bartolini humbuckers have enough output and enough tonal range to cover anything I’ve thrown at it. Controls are volume, blend, bass and treble.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]A few years ago I had the bass de-fretted and a ramp fitted by Jon Shuker of Shuker Basses. He did a fantastic job. It’s possible to re-fret the bass and even change the B-C to F#-G if you want to.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]This is a big and heavy bass, but one which gives a huge tone. Before my illness, the weight was never a problem as long as I used a neoprene Comfort Strapp (yes, it has 2 p’s !). The strap really did help and I could do 3 hour rehearsals with no problem.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]There’s not many of these around in the UK and this one is in great condition. There’s the odd small dent, but they are really small. It’s not a problem to take pics of these, but you have to really inspect the bass close-up to see them.[/font]

Edited by 7string

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I've seen that Mk2. It needs new tuners, the nut has been replaced poorly and it didn't even work when I asked to play it :-)

The 32" scale Mk1 is easier to play and will be great for when I'm too sore to play a 34".

[color=#141823][font=Helvetica, Arial,]I now have a stack of detailed pictures on Photobucket and videos of the bass on Dropbox. If you are genuinely interested in this bass, please message me and I'll send you the links.[/font][/color]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...