Why become a member? ×

Save The Fleece from closure

Mornats

I'll let the link speak for itself but Bristol's iconic venue The Fleece is threatened by plans to convert an office building next door into flats. This is NOT a residential area and would threaten The Fleece with closure.

https://www.change.org/petitions/bristol-city-council-save-the-fleece-from-closure

Signed.

There should be a special clause if the planning is granted...any new residents of the flats, who complain about any noise from the Fleece, should be placed in stocks outside the venue with a sign around them saying 'please throw rotten fruit at me as I am stupid'.

If you buy/live in a new residence next to an established venue, tough. It really boils my urine this sort of thing.

Signed.

Developer should be forced to soundproof the building,pay for any extra soundproofing needed at the Fleece and made to inform all purchasers that there is a music venue close by that they cannot complain about!

If they use any sort of wool insulation on The Fleece then The Fleece will be covered in fleece! Thanks for signing and sharing everyone. The Bristol Music Industry Network (Bmin) have been doing the same and we're almost at 30,000 signatures!

It looks like half the population of Bristol are talking about this. Hopefully the petition will do some good.
I've just this morning received a live recording of our Fleece gig earlier this month - we've done live recordings before, but there's something special about the Fleece.