Why become a member? ×

1989 MIJ Fender Precision '57 Tobacco Burst
£480

Stewart

** NOWSOLD **

1989 MIJ Fender Precision '57 Tobacco Burst with hard case
Price: £480

Lovely condition - a couple of small dings in the lacquer (only) on the top 'waist' and on the back lower horn. Generally it is extremely good for it's age, and from three feet away could almost be mistaken for new.

It's a US pickup model with (unusually for Japanese reissues) vintage-correct long-stem tuners.
I've swapped the bridge (Hipshot), and the pickguard (3-ply US parchment), but the original vintage (grooved) bridge and single ply white guard will be included, along with a slightly-battered but functional Fender hard case.
Fender-standard Schaller straplocks are fitted - the bass will come with a Levy's strap with relevant fittings.

It weighs a comfortable 9 lbs, and is currently wearing heavy Elites (50-110) tuned to Eb. It's easily the best-playing 4-string I've ever owned. Plenty of punch, but brighter than many.
It's been gigged a few times, but always treated like the Crown jewels!

Everything works perfectly. Only selling as I have a lot of gear but I'm not playing in any bands since moving to Devon - and I need to de-clutter.

No trades please - I'm trying to slim-down.

Happy to provide further info/photos as required.
I have long-standing good feedback here.

Collection from Barnstaple with cash or will transport by insured courier at cost (InterParcel looks to be about £28) on receipt cleared funds to bank.

Edited by Stewart

• 2 weeks later...