Why become a member? ×

Delusional is good ... I like delusional

Happy Jack

[quote name='lonestar' timestamp='1400229851' post='2451989']
- [size=6][u]Aged 18[/u][/size] - There you have it.
[/quote]

Well it does actually say Aged 18 [i]or over[/i]... so there's nothing stopping us going for it, is there..? :P

[quote name='bengreen49' timestamp='1400230943' post='2452004']
Being a bit harsh aren't you?
[/quote]

Yes. But remember, this is a forum for bitter and cynical grumpy old men who probably haven't had their meds yet...

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1400231436' post='2452016']
Yes. But remember, this is a forum for bitter and cynical grumpy old men who probably haven't had their meds yet...
[/quote]

Harrumph..! I resent the 'probably'..! :angry:

[quote name='bengreen49' timestamp='1400230943' post='2452004']
Being a bit harsh aren't you? Just a bunch of young lads.
[/quote]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]London metal band DIREVARGS are seeking a lead guitarist and bass player! We are a dedicated and proactive band looking to launch ourselves to an international audience (and beyond) in this coming year. [/size][/font][/color]

[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]So they're a dedicated and proactive band that just don't have two key personnel. Make that a very small bunch of young lads then ...[/size][/font]

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1400232237' post='2452023']
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]London metal band DIREVARGS are seeking a lead guitarist and bass player! We are a dedicated and proactive band looking to launch ourselves to an international audience (and beyond) in this coming year. [/size][/font][/color]

[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]So they're a dedicated and proactive band that just don't have two key personnel. Make that a very small bunch of young lads then ...[/size][/font]
[/quote]

... with initiative, drive, panache, enthusiasm, humour, ambition... What's not to like..? Success assured, surely..? :mellow:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1400232441' post='2452026']
... with initiative, drive, panache, enthusiasm, humour, ambition... What's not to like..? Success assured, surely..? :mellow:
[/quote]

Well, why not? Their name was obviously chosen by Vogons. Good luck to them!

Edited by discreet

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1400232968' post='2452037']
They seem pretty proactive in trying to get a band together... just haven't found the right beast yet it would seem.
[/quote]

Ah yes... beast-selection is totally crucial these days.
If I'd selected better beasts years ago, I'd be living in Monaco now instead of Lewisham. :(

I must admit I'm out of touch with the terms people use for describing stuff these days...

I had the following conversation with a drummer the other day who is both younger and much trendier than I am....

Drummer "that bass line is sick"
Me " oh sorry.. I thought it fitted quite well"
Drummer "Naah man it's sick"
Me "Well give it a chance to grow on you, I really think it'll work"
Drummer " naah it's sick as in bad ass..."
Me "bad ass....? So my bassline is like an ass related ailment?"
Drummer "man your out of touch"

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1400235739' post='2452074']
I must admit I'm out of touch with the terms people use for describing stuff these days...

I had the following conversation with a drummer the other day who is both younger and much trendier than I am....

Me " oh sorry.. I thought it fitted quite well"
Drummer "Naah man it's sick"
Me "Well give it a chance to grow on you, I really think it'll work"
Drummer " naah it's sick as in bad ass..."
Me "bad ass....? So my bassline is like an ass related ailment?"
Drummer "man your out of touch"
[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1400235739' post='2452074']
Me " oh sorry... I thought it fitted quite well"
[size=4][/quote][/size]
I got confused by 'wicked', and that was about a hundred years ago. :mellow:

Young master discreet (11) uses the word 'SPECIAL' to mean the exact opposite.
He also tells me to 'GO HOME' on a regular basis - even when I quite obviously [i]am [/i]home.

I get 'FAIL' quite a lot too, and 'OH DEAR' - not entirely sure what this means - I know it doesn't mean 'oh dear', though.

Probably worth starting a separate thread about kid slang, but I fear exposing myself as an 'OLDMAN'.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1400232237' post='2452023']
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]London metal band DIREVARGS are seeking a lead guitarist and bass player! We are a dedicated and proactive band looking to launch ourselves to an [size=4][u][i][b]international audience (and beyond)[/b][/i][/u] [/size]in this coming year. [/size][/font][/color]

[/quote]

and beyond eh?, entertaining the probes on Mars maybe?

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1400237549' post='2452110']
Yeah I am just about cool enough to know 'wicked' as an adjective meaning good...
[/quote]

The fact that you and I know this means 'wicked' is [i]well [/i]past its sell-by date and we are not cool at all! :lol: [size=4]And I am assured that being old and incredibly uncool is NOT in any way cool in itself, so there's no getting away from it - we're finished![/size]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1400237892' post='2452116']
The fact that you and I know this means 'wicked' is [i]well [/i]past its sell-by date and we are not cool at all! :lol: [size=4]And I am assured that being old and incredibly uncool is NOT in any way cool in itself, so there's no getting away from it - we're finished![/size]
[/quote]

Its not true!... I'm sure there must be a vestige of coolness left in me somewhere I just have to try harder.

I'm going out to get my lunch in a minute I'll tell the girl in the cafe her cheese rolls are sick... that'll prove I've still got it.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1400238329' post='2452122']
I'm going out to get my lunch in a minute I'll tell the girl in the cafe her cheese rolls are sick... that'll prove I've still got it.
[/quote]

Excellent! Do me a favour and say 'OH DEAR' to her in a voice heavy with irony - I want to see what reaction you get.
If she doesn't like it, just tell her to GO HOME.