Why become a member? ×

Compressor recommendations please

M@23

I was very tempted by a MB Compressore that was for sale here but dithered a bit too long. Ended up buying the MXR M87 and am very pleased with it. Does exactly what I wanted a compressor to do - all the positive remarks above chime with my experience of this pedal. I'd still really like to try out the Compressore though 😊

Two very nice compressors are the Keeley 4-knob and the HBE CPR

Both very similar and based on the classic Ross design.
Both do exactly what all tone-hounds want without getting in the way.
I marginally prefer the tone and control options of the Keeley, plus it has smaller footprint; but the signal comes through the HBE slightly cleaner.
There is a smaller HBE CPR without the Attack control too; but I like that control too much to be without it.

Edited by Bassnut62

How are you getting one with your Markbass Compressore? I'm going around the bend looking at compressors at the moment! I had decided upon the FEA unit, but just got an e-mail saying there is a 9-12month wait! I'm now stuck between the Empress and the Compressore. Thomann has the Markbass pedal at £140 at the mo which is very tempting!

Im loving it. Its a really, really great compressor. It is very smooth and warm. Much like the LMIII, transparent, in a good way. At that price I'd say give it a go. Send it back maybe if it's not for you?

Edited by M@23

Based on that logic I've decided to go for the Empress! :rolleyes: ...I know! I decided to draw the size of the two pedals onto a piece of paper and sat them on top of my amp, this is going to be a turn on and leave on pedal which will sit onto of my amp next to my wireless receiver thingy. The power and jack placement works way better for me on the Empress plus it's half the size of the MB unit!