Why become a member? ×

Line 6 UX-1

ape

I don't know why I didn't think to ask before on here but does anybody else use a line 6 UX1 for bass and get a decent sound out of it? My brother to be fair kindly donated one to me, and it's great because I can still carry on playing my bass even though I no longer have a bass amp with it being hooked up to the pc, however I don't seem to be able to get a decent sound out of it, I've tried the few bass amp and cab sims that it comes with but am really struggling.

I've got it installed on my Mac mini. Great unit . I've got studio monitors which help. I like the podfarm. One of my fave presets is pawn shop punk.
Think it's for guitarists. There are a few bass amps on there. Haven't bought the bass expansion pack ,as it's about £50 I think.
It's great for guitarists tho'. Persevere, is what I say. It works with garageband or other program's also.

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1399931125' post='2449195']
I've got it installed on my Mac mini. Great unit . I've got studio monitors which help. I like the podfarm. One of my fave presets is pawn shop punk.
Think it's for guitarists. There are a few bass amps on there. Haven't bought the bass expansion pack ,as it's about £50 I think.
It's great for guitarists tho'. Persevere, is what I say. It works with garageband or other program's also.
[/quote]

Yeah I've used it with cubase before which is really handy just struggling to find a sound I like, to be honest had the same issue with my old Behringer V Amp Pro, I wonder if it's worth getting the expansion pack or something

It's weird I have one too and have been recording lots of bass via DI recently (solo bass stuff) and it all just has this odd "digital" sound to me, especially open E to 5th fret A (lower or higher seems to sound all right) but it just sounds a bit flat and not really interesting, even using my amp as a DI or using a good quality DI box.

In the mix I've not really noticed it and with distortion it basically is a non issue, but for a lot of the clean slower solo bass stuff I'm doing at the moment is just doesn't sound good, so I've actually gone back to doing everything with microphones. Which wasn't what I wanted as I wanted to be able to record my stuff while I'm in my flat rather than at home home in another city! Though perhaps its a case of more tweaking, I've found cab sims to be the real make or break for me hating a tone and finding it ok.

That said, heard countless recordings in similar set ups where I like the sound, so who knows. It's probably just me going mad haha!

Going from using an amp to using headphones/a DI/an interface sound is certainly a change and I guess just takes getting used to

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1399969842' post='2449363']
How bizarre;) I also had the behringet .
As I say , I was thinking of getting the expansion pack .
Btw; what bass are you using ?
What are you playing your toneport through .?
[/quote]
[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1400011528' post='2449939']
Have you played it through headphones ? Surprising that nobody else on here seems to have one of these.
[/quote]

Hi yeah I tend to use headphones to be honest a set of AKG K99's so not bad ones either as my secondary amp is rubbish lol, running them through gearbox on my pc however... after having a word with my brother turns out he purchased podfarm 2.5 on it that comes with the bass expansion pack and the difference is fantastic. Bass I'm using is an Ibanez SR800 with EMG Victor Wooten signature pickups but tried other basses too.