Why become a member? ×

Avoid shipping anything musical with Myhermes

itsmedunc

If you are thinking of shipping anything musical by myhermes, think again. Recently a guitar I sent via their service was destroyed in the post and they will not pay out on the insurance. Apparently musical instruments are on their prohibited list. This is not the first time I have had trouble with them with an insurance claim.

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/help/carry-guide.html

Dunc

JUst this week, MyHermes delivered my parcel to my neighbours, despite VERY clear instructions on my door not to do so. Wouldn't trust one of their drivers to sit the correct way round on a toilet seat

They'll never get a penny from me

They were the courier UK side of me ordering a G3 from US eBay, they didn't even bother trying to deliver they just returned it to the sender. Definitely won't ever use them, they flat out lied to me at the time and said they didn't have a package in my name or address.

They once failed to deliver to me something I purchased on here, the seller had a devils own job finding out what had happened to it, in the end Hermes admitted to losing it even though it was flagged up as 'out for delivery' at one point, also they failed to turn up to collect a package from me a few years ago, no apology or explanation, add to that the fact that their service is really slow IMO it's worth paying a little extra to use a proper courier.

I once bought an amp where the seller used MyHermes - they lied about trying to deliver it (we have a controlled access system where you need to be buzzed in) - claimed to have put a card through my door - I was in the whole day - no attempt made at all.

Fortunately they use a warehouse nearby and when I called to check a girl I knew answered the phone and arranged for me to pick the parcel up from their yard.

I won't use them or buy from anybody using them.

I once witnessed a Hermes delivery man litterally throw a package of mine over our garden wall.

Fortunately for that fella he realised his mistake and was on his way quickly by the time I'd pulled into my drive and got out my car.

Thankfully it was nothing breakable and was packed very well but its the first and last time I will buy anything from a company that use them as their courier

I've been using myHerpes a bit recently. The first time they failed to collect an item on the day they said they would, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt and used them again. They are very cheap but going by this thread perhaps it would be prudent to shell out a few more shekels and use someone a bit more reliable. But who?

There are scare stories about every courier company if you look for them. :unsure:

Edited by discreet

they're all the same aren't they?

The best one I had was only a month ago. UPS promised to deliver from Brussels to Stoke by the Thursday. I tracked it on Thursday, it said it was at East Midlands depot. I called them, they said they didn't know when I'd have it, they'd get the depot to call. The Stoke depot called to say it was at East Midlands. No-one at UPS would put me through to East Midlands. I called their landline and held on for 20 minutes with it just ringing and ringing. On the Friday it still hadn't moved so I sent a guy to get it. The guy at the depot refused to release the package. One week later it had found its way to the Stoke depot. Then another week later it was back in Brussels. They sent me an invoice saying the address was wrong and I'd have to pay them for moving it to stoke and back. I wasn't even the sender!!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1399561284' post='2445357']
I've been using myHerpes a bit recently.[/quote]

MyHerpes, Sh1tty Link, ParcelFarce, Royal Fail, PooPS, Nodel, FedUp... any other good courier names?!

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1399561819' post='2445368']
We should start a Basschat courier company - just for Basschatters. :)

[/quote]

A kinda relay service where people list where they are travelling from and to and on what date if they are willing to act as a courier for a fellow Basschatter.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1399561198' post='2445354']
Yes - but another one of their options is called 'Interparcel Standard', who have been UPS the several times I've used them.
[/quote]

Me too - it's been UPS every time.

Anyone used DPD for sending stuff?

Having stuff delivered by them is marvelous. Best tracking system out of any courier by far.

As far a restricted items, musical instruments aren't on their list.

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1399562370' post='2445377']
Me too - it's been UPS every time.
[/quote]

Yep and me, via Interparcel. They`ve delivered before the scheduled date each time and have also - you have to pay for this, a massive 20p - texted to say delivered.

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1399563472' post='2445387']
Anyone used DPD for sending stuff?

Having stuff delivered by them is marvelous. Best tracking system out of any courier by far.

As far a restricted items, musical instruments aren't on their list.
[/quote]

I've experienced DPD and they are the best courier out there. I only get things like ASOS clothing delivered but they are the first courier to go properly 'modern'.

You get a one hour window by email/text, you can trace the van on a map, and you can even see what number yor delivery is and if its getting closer.

If you know you aren't in, you just change it online.

No additional charges. It's the way the ALL should be by now.