Why become a member? ×

They're havin' a laff.

Bassman Sam

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1399144272' post='2441533']
If I use one on my kettle, will my coffee taste better?
[/quote]

Sorry, mate, but NO, it won't.
This is a ToneCord. You'd need a TasteCord.
Your coffee will [i]sound[/i] better though.

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1399144553' post='2441537']
Sorry, mate, but NO, it won't.
This is a ToneCord. You'd need a TasteCord.
Your coffee will [i]sound[/i] better though.
[/quote]

It might do, it's a kettle lead after all.

Edited by Bassman Sam

How Does The "PRO" Deliver More?

The PRO is heavier equivalent gauge (14-gauge) versus the standard MusicCord (16-gauge). This allows [b][i]more current flow faster[/i][/b] to your component power supply.

But Captain, ye cannae change the laws o' physics!

I particularly liked the 'hospital grade components' claim.

You're not going to find any of this rubbish in a hospital anywhere - that polyester sleeve is going to harbour all sorts of nasties, but I guess it'll allow you to keep hold of it - snake oil is distinctly slippery. :)

Isn't is fairly obvious that the final metre or so of wire that connects your amp to a power station a few hundred miles away is bound to make a massive difference to the sound . . . . ;)

Still, the placebo effect might well affect how people actually perceive sounds based on what they believe is going on, so I reckon it's more a matter of psychology than physics.

Well I would beg to differ.

I am as sceptical as the next man about such things, but power cables can make a substantial and substantive difference to the sound of various kinds of audio equipment. You can argue at a theoretical level about the science all you like, but have any of you ever heard an A/B comparison for yourselves? Power cables, connecting cables and, perhaps more importantly, power supplies can make a profound difference to the overall complexion and quality of the sound. I know it's true because I have heard it with my own ears on more than one occasion.

O.K , let the bloodbath begin . I'm back in the Secure Unit on Monday morning , so lets get on with it.

[quote name='lee4' timestamp='1399146392' post='2441560']
Is anybody really that gullable?
[/quote]

Do you really have to ask that question. There are lots of people who think that the contestants on The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent are actually really talented. Of course people are that gullible. But the fact remains that on some bass amps in certain situations , these cable could improve the sound .

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1399147711' post='2441582']
Isn't is fairly obvious that the final metre or so of wire that connects your amp to a power station a few hundred miles away is bound to make a massive difference to the sound . . . . ;)

Still, the placebo effect might well affect how people actually perceive sounds based on what they believe is going on, so I reckon it's more a matter of psychology than physics.
[/quote]

I used to quite like Placebo....

I can quite believe that someone would prefer the ,sound' of one mains lead compared with another when they know what,s going on.

I don't believe they could reliably detect any differences in a properly conducted double-blind trial.

Edited by flyfisher

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1399148861' post='2441600']

So you genuinely believe that all cables sound the same?
[/quote]
I think Flyfisher's point is valid. I can't see how that last metre of power cable can have an effect unless you can ensure all parts, from power generator to the amp's transformer are perfect, or you're replacing a faulty lead.

[quote name='arthurhenry' timestamp='1399149301' post='2441609']
Totally subjective anyway. Even if a clear difference in sound could be detected, who decides which is the "better" sound?
[/quote]

That is true of any subjective judgement though.

If you really want to know, we use aesthetic criteria commonly known as" judgments of sentiment and taste" to decide what is most pleasing to us.

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1399149349' post='2441611']
I think Flyfisher's point is valid. I can't see how that last metre of power cable can have an effect unless you can ensure all parts, from power generator to the amp's transformer are perfect, or you're replacing a faulty lead.
[/quote]

Flyfisher's point assumes that the power supply is sufficiently imperfect to render cables irrelevant. What and where is the evidence to support that ? If some cables sound better than others, they sound better. At a practical level, that is you really need to know