Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct - Anyone been?

ape

I'm going to pop down to bass direct today in Warwick as I realized it's only about a 30 minute drive from the girlfriend's, anyone else been? They've got a Wal, I've always wanted to try one, I'm so excited but I really hope I don't like it lol.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1399110019' post='2441076']
I live 5 minutes away, it is a superb place. High end basses galore, but you will be disappointed if you are going there for a P bass ;)
[/quote]

I properly hate fenders, so I'll be fine in that respect, credit card is being left behind and girlfriend is coming with me to keep me sensible lol

[quote name='ape' timestamp='1399110124' post='2441078']
...credit card is being left behind and girlfriend is coming with me to keep me sensible lol
[/quote]

Leaving the credit card at home is a good precaution, but you don't want to go mad, do you? :D

[quote name='ape' timestamp='1399110124' post='2441078']
I properly hate fenders, so I'll be fine in that respect, credit card is being left behind and girlfriend is coming with me to keep me sensible lol
[/quote]she might want to take a book!

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1399111068' post='2441090']
Going by accounts on here, it's wise to phone them beforehand to make sure they have a slot for you.
[/quote]

Yeah I didn't know that lol, I didn't realize it was such a small shop was kind of expecting a big lass fronted store.
[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1399114472' post='2441144']
she might want to take a book!
[/quote]

Funnily enough she took her kindle with her haha.

They seem like a nice bunch, managed to behave and only buy a new set of strap locks for my project bass, got to play with 2 basses I was really curious about though a Wal and a Status, and the genz benz streamliner amps which I've been eyeing up :D

[quote name='ape' timestamp='1399119546' post='2441219']
and the genz benz streamliner amps which I've been eyeing up :D
[/quote]

Have they still got streamliners in? I'll be there in a shot if they do.

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1399144952' post='2441541']
Have they still got streamliners in? I'll be there in a shot if they do.
[/quote]

Yep only a few left but still got a few streamliner 600's I was gutted as I didn't have the cash, 2 year warranty as well, get yourself in there they are fantastic sounding amps.

[quote name='2004gdavi' timestamp='1399146525' post='2441563']
Great place and well worth a visit or two. Doesn't always have all of the basses available to try. If you want to try a specific bass call before hand to avoid disappointment.
[/quote]
Yeah I realized after I turned up I guess I was expecting something a little more like academy of sound rather than a fairly small shop, they have got some properly serious basses though, got to play with the Wal I wanted to to try and a status, I really really really want a status now but one with a head.