Why become a member? ×

***WITHDRAWN*** Yamaha RBX JM2 6 string bass
£600

mattbass6

[u][b]***WITHDRAWN***[/b][/u]

[size=4]I am selling a bass I never thought I would sell but, it looks like it's not going to get used and I have a strict policy of "[u][i]If ain't being used, move it on to someone who will use it.[/i][/u]" This is in pretty good condition. There are a few small dings and dents. The two obvious ones are on the tip of the headstock and on the back of the neck but they do not affect the playability and annoyingly, they were not done by me. The body work is in great condition and no missing paint etc plus, the bass has recently had a complete overhaul, service and setup. There is also a brand new set of D'Addario XL strings on it. This bass comes with a Warwick flight case that has seen some action and which has some marks but, everything works on it perfectly. A great bass and case.[/size]

It's a killer bass to play with a fast, über playable neck / fingerboard, low action and it sounds incredible. If I had a genuine use for this, I would be keeping it :)

[size=4]Spec -[/size]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica]The John Myung RBXJM2 Bass by Yamaha is both solid and fast, featuring a sleek, two-octave maple neck with oval abalone inlays on the rosewood fingerboard and a punchy alder body. The active preamp accurately translates the massive attack of the custom Seymour Duncan SMB-6A pickup. Dream Theater's intricate arrangements and unique sonic challenges call for an extraordinary musician on bass. With his 6-string RBXJM2 signature bass, John Myung meets the challenge. The John Myung Bass comes with black hardware which sets off the Inca Silver finish.[/font][/color][/size][list]
[*][size=4][b]Model:[/b] RBXJM2, John Myung Bass[/size]
[*][size=4][b]Construction:[/b] Bolt-on[/size]
[*][size=4][b]Scale Length:[/b] 34" = 864mm[/size]
[*][size=4][b]Fingerboard:[/b] Rosewood[/size]
[*][size=4][b]Radius:[/b] 23 5/8" = 600m[/size]
[*][size=4][b]Frets:[/b] 24[/size]
[*][size=4][b]Body:[/b] Alder[/size]
[*][size=4][b]Neck:[/b] Maple[/size]
[*][size=4][b]Bridge:[/b] Die-cast[/size]
[*][size=4][b]Pickups:[/b] Seymour Duncan Custom Pickup SMB-6a[/size]
[*][size=4][b]Pickup Switch:[/b] N/A[/size]
[*][size=4][b]Controls:[/b] Master Volume 3-Band Active EQ[/size]
[*][size=4][b]Color:[/b] Inca Silver[/size]
[/list]
I am prepared to send by courier but at the buyers expense. You are more than welcome to come and collect or, I can meet you within a 50 mile radius of Cardiff if that suits you better. Not a lot more I can say about this bass but, they are now super rare to find and obviously discontinued. If you want a top notch 6 string bass that does so much, is amazing to play and for not a lot of cash, then this is the one for you.

I'm not looking to trade. Cheers and take care. Matt :)

Edited by mattbass6

I literally drool over this bass... unfortunately I will not be moving back to the UK until September and I'm sure it'll be gone by then.
Good luck with the sale (if it makes it to September I'll snatch it in no time)

• 2 weeks later...