Why become a member? ×

SOLD J&D Surf Green Jazz £90 THIS WEEKEND ONLY. On hold
£100

theyellowcar

Moving this on as I am definitely not a 'Jazz' guy. Had it since December and it's rarely been played so it's in immaculate condition.

The output is pretty hot for a Jazz in my experience and the neck is nice and fast. There are a couple of slightly sharp frets but nothing that a quick file couldn't fix. I have butchered a white pearl pickguard that was meant for a US Jazz which you will see in the pics I'm posting shortly. It will also come with the original black guard which came off on the first day and as such is in perfect nick.

These are £120 + shipping new, I'm after £100 collected from SE London (willing to meet up within reason) or £115 shipped including the extra pickguard. If you would like it shipped you will have to bear with me while I source an appropriate box which may take an extra day or two.

Lots of positive discussion from other Basschatters here:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/227514-new-bass-day-jd-vintage-1975-review-good/

Edited by theyellowcar

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1398626398' post='2435969']
Fairly sure these were getting great reviews in our Gear> Bass guitars section, worth a look.
Dave is a great bloke so deal with that there confidence.
Bump and GLWTS
[/quote]

Thanks Karl.

They do indeed get great reviews in these parts (see the thread linked at the bottom of my OP) this one just isn't for me - I'm a Precision guy through and through.

[quote name='Angel' timestamp='1398624455' post='2435934']
What brand is it?
[/quote]

Angel - as Howard said above it's made by J&D who appear to be sold exclusively by Digital Village in the UK. The paperwork that came with the bass showed that it was made in China, and all in all the construction reflects that (I.e. It's quite good) the only 'work' I have had to do was to tighten the nut that holds the jack in place as it was a little loose on arrival.

Edited by theyellowcar

Hi

I have a sweetly modded 2002 Korean Squier P bass (tobacco sunburst, higher mass bridge, Nitro-Cellulose refinished neck and tribute decal..) its worth around £130, (actually prob a bit more..) would be be interested on a trade plus £30?? Its a classy bass but I have no use for it.. Can pick up

[quote name='BaggyMan' timestamp='1398765602' post='2437289']
Hi

I have a sweetly modded 2002 Korean Squier P bass (tobacco sunburst, higher mass bridge, Nitro-Cellulose refinished neck and tribute decal..) its worth around £130, (actually prob a bit more..) would be be interested on a trade plus £30?? Its a classy bass but I have no use for it.. Can pick up
[/quote]

maple fingerboard?

[quote name='BaggyMan' timestamp='1398772324' post='2437394']
At the risk of stealing limelight from the lovely green Jazz bass..(if i can sort the cash I will buy it btw theyellowcar)

Rosewood neck.
[/quote]

phew, I like maple ;)