Why become a member? ×

April Composition Challenge - VOTING!

Skol303

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1398974507' post='2439678']
I never do any good at this! :(
[/quote]

Now, now..! If I was an optimist, I'd say 'The voting's not yet over; there's still time for you to win..!'. *

No, I'm not an optimist. :rolleyes: However, your remark could be made by just about any of us. Of course, if to "do any good at this" one has to be near the top of the votes, you'd have a point. Getting a vote only means that one person thought your piece the best. No more, no less. Those that get less votes, or none at all, are not being judged as 'no good'; merely that there's better on offer. Looking at the current voting position (all is not yet sealed...), there's no-one this month that can lay claim to being the only 'good' one. Your piece is fine, despite, as you say yourself, being less than than that which you intended. For my part, I'd be proud to be able to produce semi-finished work such as your entry.
The alternative would be for all of us that amass less than the votes we'd like to renounce, and participate no more. That would leave only one or two each month to choose from..! No, diversity is a great strength, and all the contributions reinforce that, and are necessary.
Onward and upward; next month will be another challenge..! B)

* (...[i]unless you were aiming at the 'beaten puppy' sympathy vote for next time, in which case ignore all of the above[/i]... :mellow: )

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1398978350' post='2439734']
Now, now..! If I was an optimist, I'd say 'The voting's not yet over; there's still time for you to win..!'. *

No, I'm not an optimist. :rolleyes: However, your remark could be made by just about any of us. Of course, if to "do any good at this" one has to be near the top of the votes, you'd have a point. Getting a vote only means that one person thought your piece the best. No more, no less. Those that get less votes, or none at all, are not being judged as 'no good'; merely that there's better on offer. Looking at the current voting position (all is not yet sealed...), there's no-one this month that can lay claim to being the only 'good' one. Your piece is fine, despite, as you say yourself, being less than than that which you intended. For my part, I'd be proud to be able to produce semi-finished work such as your entry.
The alternative would be for all of us that amass less than the votes we'd like to renounce, and participate no more. That would leave only one or two each month to choose from..! No, diversity is a great strength, and all the contributions reinforce that, and are necessary.
Onward and upward; next month will be another challenge..! B)

* (...[i]unless you were aiming at the 'beaten puppy' sympathy vote for next time, in which case ignore all of the above[/i]... :mellow: )
[/quote]Ha ha. No i wasn'T going for sympathy vote...just playing along. Fortunately for me i have a high sense of self confidence, some people say narcissism...but they would say that as they are jealous of my beauty and genius. I just enter this for the crack the result is irrelevant really. I don't think I've ever voted for the piece that won. So it's all subjective to what's best!

Congrats Skol, cracking track this (last) month!
I did vote for you but I have to say that I've enjoyed them all, Al's track in particular has also been on repeat too - a mini masterpiece in itself.
What with Bilbo covering the imrov upright angle it gets more difficult to actually submit something. The standard's so high now! Yes, I know it's all for fun really and hats off to lord sausage for just getting stuck in there although His was unfinished (cool vibe all the same!)

Well done everyone, y'all got me personally on the good foot this time!

Respec' :)

Edited by miles'tone

Damned and blast..! That scoundrel Skol has (Once again..! Grrr..!) snatched the victor's cup from the lips of us all..! There's something Faustian about this consistent quality, time after time. Never mind, Boy, we'll get him yet. It can't last. No-one can be [i]that [/i]lucky. Sooner or later he'll make a slip, and on that day... POW..! He'll be floored, beaten, overtaken, outstripped..! Jealous, me..? What gives you that idea..?
([i]Sounds of teeth being gritted[/i]...)
Well done, Paul. Good show. Nice piece. A deserving winner. :mellow:
(...[i]returns to normal speech[/i]...)
An excellent show from all Challengers. I've a feeling that the 'average' level is seriously on the up. Maybe it was the subject which struck a particular chord this month..? No lack of inspiration, anyway. Congratulations, folks; no exceptions.

Thanks again guys. Always a pleasure to get positive feedback from such good company :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/235949-may-composition-challenge-get-recording/"][size=6]May's challenge is now up![/size][/url]

Get to it...

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1399015862' post='2439898']
We just have to accept that our works are a minority interest sub-genre. :lol:
[/quote]

:lol: Ah yes , a niche I can identify with '

well done Paul , top job , and an excellent piece.

Well done to all the others aswell a very good month all told