Why become a member? ×

Entwistle bass pickups

cachao

Glad these pick ups are taking off. I put some in a friends strat guitar several years ago and we were both blown away by the output and 'meaty' sounds. Just a few years ago i bought some J pick ups to put in a VM Squire, cheap eBay price, and again totally amazed.

I'm currently thinking about a fretless project soon so may have to revisit Entwhistle again -thanks for reminding me of these folks, those neo's sound interesting too :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='scottas' timestamp='1405973682' post='2507166']
They seem to be too good to be true. Does the P sound like a Precision?
[/quote]

Bertbass's Entwistle P pup sounds very much like a Precision to me. But it was fitted to a Precision, which may have had something to do with it. ;) [size=4]But yes, it does. He has an Entwistle P/J config in a P and it sounds immense.[/size]

[quote name='scottas' timestamp='1405974714' post='2507188']
Thanks! Might just try these in my Squier based P/J bitsa.
[/quote]

I don't think you'll be disappointed if Bert's bass is anything to go by. He knows his onions.
And quite a bit about bass playing, too. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

on the strength of my experience with the PBXN ive bought a pair of the JBXN to replace a pair of mim pups in a cv squier ive got knocking about, pickup balance at the moment is atrocious, neck is so much louder than the bridge and the g string is very weak, it will be interesting to hear the difference.

Edited by DarkHeart

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1406932433' post='2516121']
on the strength of my experience with the PBXN ive bought a pair of the JBXN to replace a pair of mim pups in a cv squier ive got knocking about, pickup balance at the moment is atrocious, neck is so much louder than the bridge and the g string is very weak, it will be interesting to hear the difference.
[/quote] That is fantastic I am so glad you are enjoying the Entwhistle :)

On the strength of this thread I had a look-see on the Entwhistle site for some humbuckers, which alas there are none

So I emailed Mr E asking if there are any plans to add to the range. got an email back the very next day saying that 'buckers are on the development list and will available soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just picked up an Aria J to match my P. The P has SD 1/4 pounders in (which I love) but the J 1/4's are just too dear for a cheapy project.
Looks like these neo J's are the ones to get, less than £40 a pair delivered.
Will OCD make me get one for my P .......................... who wants to buy a 1/4 pounder for a P bass :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...