Why become a member? ×

Entwistle bass pickups

cachao

• 2 weeks later...

Having obtained a nice CAR PJ body, I picked up one of the Neobdnym J bridges to pair with a standard Fender "original" p pickup. My god you could stop a charging Rhino with it. I think I'll be investing in a P/j set for the Washburn next. Never was impressed with Jazz bridge pickups but this one is an eye opener.

I'm intrigued to hear the PBXN in action, I love the Fender "original" pickups but I'd like something with more bite in an (as in The Ox) kind of vibe. Tried Wizard Thumpers a while back but they didn't achieve what I wanted. If the jazz equivalent is anything to go by (they are louder than the Fender P pickup in my PJ) I might be on to something.

Can anybody comment on the difference in sound between the ceramic and Neo versions of each of these pickups? Really interested to try these in my current Jazz bass build as I am already trying out a set of Dimarzio Ultra Jazz and a set of SD Quarter Pounders once it is finished

So very kind of you to sell me that pup Paul, its a monster! Ive replaced a Duncan SPB2 with it and its louder, crisper and to me anyway it seems to have an equal volume spread between all the strings and that was with just screwing it into the bass! Cracking bit of kit for the money, think i might get a pair for a jazz bass next :D

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1404919572' post='2497003']
So very kind of you to sell me that pup Paul, its a monster! Ive replaced a Duncan SPB2 with it and its louder, crisper and to me anyway it seems to have an equal volume spread between all the strings and that was with just screwing it into the bass! Cracking bit of kit for the money, think i might get a pair for a jazz bass next :D
[/quote] I am so glad you liked it Jeff :) I was really looking forward to trying it out myself but it wasn't to be :( but at least it has gone to a good home :)